Razor's Brewday.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razor

Bearded Brewer
Reaction score
Just started the first brew on my new grainfather, Father's Day present to myself from Get Er Brewed.:lol: Brewing The Kraken black IPA from the GF recipes.
66d655d484a6455f8c9408078af09bd0.png
08f189d1dd73a27cc5c86d26ed0b51e4.png
7ebf6bd505b89abe9657bdf51cddfd4c.png

Waiting on mash water heating now. Taking longer than I wanted (because I forgot to turn the flipping boiler switch on.):doh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to swap the American Ale Malt for Maris Otter, the MJ's M44 for Neales West Coast Yeast and the Pacific Jade for Hallertau Mittlefruh. Should all work out pretty well though. Hopefully.

Sounds just the ticket! Hop stand....flame out?? Also...is it a 90 or a 60 boil?

Thanks, I came in 31 points under on my OG, 1.040, for some reason hopefully just means it'll be more session-able than the 7odd% it's supposed to be. It's a 90 minute boil. The grainfather app calls the post boil hop addition a hopstand. Could be a NZ thing?

Thanks, I came in 31 points under on my OG, 1.040, for some reason hopefully just means it'll be more session-able than the 7odd% it's supposed to be. It's a 90 minute boil. The grainfather app calls the post boil hop addition a hopstand. Could be a NZ thing?

I have no idea how you could come out with 1040 from this grain bill with the GF. Unless you took your hydrometer reading at boiling or something, it just makes no sense at all. Not after mashing it to kingdom come and boiling it half way to hell. :lol:

Are you sure?

I have no idea how you could come out with 1040 from this grain bill with the GF. Unless you took your hydrometer reading at boiling or something, it just makes no sense at all. Not after mashing it to kingdom come and boiling it half way to hell. :lol:

Are you sure?

Pretty sure I read it right :lol: may have to check again to make sure. Not sure how I could have messed up that badly either.

I'd take a gravity ready just towards the end of the boil, if your not quite happy just extend it for 10/15 minutes then take another reading before flame out hop addition and Irish moss..

Latest posts

Back