Best Beer Kits you have brewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supping a made up brew,Coopers lager with a Wilkos Pilsner and a choc load of hops,dare I say it,it's almost as good as a Festival or Youngs :whistle::whistle:

Young's APA just came straight in at number 1 for me. That throws my existing top 5 into question, as I have a feeling that the kits that contain hops for dy hopping will turn my table on it's head. Already have 1 more brewing (THBS-Di & Danny) and 2 more waiting (Festival).

Have you tried the Amber ale mate ? (Youngs)
I thought the APA was very good as well but the AAA is even better imo.
The Festival kits are top drawer too.
Cheers

@ number one for me it as to be, Nelsons Revenge.
it just like the Wherry but without the hassle of stuck fragmentation's.
@ number two is coopers euro lager.
the only lager kit to taste like a real lager, Very nice when hopped
@3,4,5, it is going to be wine or cider of some sort. i am trying to faze beer KIT's out but the two listed i keep going back to over and over

Have you tried the Amber ale mate ? (Youngs)
I thought the APA was very good as well but the AAA is even better imo.
The Festival kits are top drawer too.
Cheers
I haven't no, but I'll put it on my shortlist. I'm very slowly pulling together my AG gear, so my kit days might be numbered.

I am already at the dark side, but i still do some kits when i dont have fours free to brew!!
before i say which ones were my favorites, i have to say, that i advice to not use cane sugar in any kit, use always dme/LME/beer enhancer, the beer will be much better!! and a good yeast its half way to get a winner ;)

1. muntons irish stout with black dme, treacle and S04
2. muntons connoisseur wheat beer with wdme and wb-06
3. brewferm ambriorix with beer enhancer
4. brewferm tarwebier with wdme and brewferm blanche
5. muntons midland mild ale with black dme, treacle and S04

Cheers

1. Festival golden stag
2. Coopers european lager
3. Wherry
4. Wilko delicate pilsner
5. Better brew czech pilsner

1) Festival Razorback - Hoppy and heavenly
2) Woodforde's Headcracker - Malty and moorish
3) Wilco Golden Ale - Very versatile & delicious
4) Cooper's Dark Ale - Surprisingly good for a one can kit
5) Woodforde's Wherry - A good honest pint, when you finally get there

I tend to brew short & use DME not sugar and always rack off and leave to mature before bottling.

Not brewed any Young's, Brewferm or St Peter's kits. Have brewed 3 Bulldog kits - that's 3 too many!

1) Festival Razorback - Hoppy and heavenly
2) Woodforde's Headcracker - Malty and moorish
3) Wilco Golden Ale - Very versatile & delicious
4) Cooper's Dark Ale - Surprisingly good for a one can kit
5) Woodforde's Wherry - A good honest pint, when you finally get there

I tend to brew short & use DME not sugar and always rack off and leave to mature before bottling.

Not brewed any Young's, Brewferm or St Peter's kits. Have brewed 3 Bulldog kits - that's 3 too many!

Never done the Headcracker but always fancied it,is it 36 pints instead of 40?

"Never done the Headcracker but always fancied it,is it 36 pints instead of 40?"

No it's actually only 24 pints which is why I bought the 40 pint Evil Dog instead. I like what I've read about Headcracker but it's an expensive kit.

At 1 we have the Woodfordes Nog, at 2 we have Nelsons Revenge, at 3 we have the Wherry ( a reliable brew) at 4 we have coopers pear cider and at 5 (as yet untasted) Bulldog mixed Berry cider, things may change when the Bulldog gets its taste test

"Never done the Headcracker but always fancied it,is it 36 pints instead of 40?"

No it's actually only 24 pints which is why I bought the 40 pint Evil Dog instead. I like what I've read about Headcracker but it's an expensive kit.

Yes, 24 pints. In hindsight it would have been great to double up with 2 kits in the FV to 40 pints. That makes it about £1 a pint or to put it another way - 58p for 330ml, a fraction of the price you'd pay for a quality beer.

Yes, 24 pints. In hindsight it would have been great to double up with 2 kits in the FV to 40 pints. That makes it about £1 a pint or to put it another way - 58p for 330ml, a fraction of the price you'd pay for a quality beer.

I may order it next but the Youngs American Amber Ale is still top for me although I have the IPA conditioning,so many brews to do,so little time

I've done evil dog IPA kit and it's been kegged Prob a month now and it tastes amazingly good!! My first brew admittedly but have tried other kits my mates have done hence me giving it ago and it is a very very nice drink strong bit damn good!!

It's probably wrong because it's winter but I've just ordered the Festival Golden Stag (summer ale?)
And the Coopers Heritage lager which will modified to try and taste like Ceaser Augustus,I have all 4 packets of hop pellets but don't have a clue which ratio each hop goes in.
All good though,cheers:cheers:

I'm a complete novice and have only done two kits but after some research I'm doing these in order . . . .

1. Woodfordes Wherry. Drinking and fabulous.
2. Coopers Original Stout. Bottled and first impressions . . very very nice.
3. Bulldog Evil dog double IPA. To do.
4. Festival Goldenstag Summer Ale. To do.
5. Festival Razorback IPA. To do.
6. St Peters Ruby Red Ale. To do.

There is 6 for you.

I guess it depends on your definition of "kit", but for me these have knocked spots off anything that's come out of a can, need a bit more equipment (large stock pot and strainer) but if anyone's tempted to give them a try, you won't be disappointed:
http://www.brewuk.co.uk/beerkits/brewextract/brewuk-recipe-packs.html

Quite a good video on Youtube of how to make them:
http://youtu.be/U47MRArvfs0

Currently drinking their Old Peculier and Hopback Old Master clone brews :-)

Back