Amount of sugar secondary fermentation in a keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GQ1980

Reaction score
Evening all,

I've had a good look with the search function for an answer to this question with no luck but sorry if it's a noob repeat!

I've currently got a coopers real ale kit on the go in my understairs cupboard tucked up with a cosy brewbelt. The OG was relatively low at 1036 and the belt is holding the temp up at about 24-26C. I also added about 1/2 oz of dried elderflowers at the initial mix, I've made the kit before and want to add a little lift this time.

Anyhow, I'm wondering how much sugar to add to my king keg for the secondary fermentation? The guide of 6g per 500ml based on bottle conditioning seems too much but I'm happy to be corrected?

Also, those elderflowers. An interesting idea with subtle results or fish those flakey bits of leaf out of there straight away?!?

Cheers one and all

Graeme

Evening all,

I've had a good look with the search function for an answer to this question with no luck but sorry if it's a noob repeat!

I've currently got a coopers real ale kit on the go in my understairs cupboard tucked up with a cosy brewbelt. The OG was relatively low at 1036 and the belt is holding the temp up at about 24-26C. I also added about 1/2 oz of dried elderflowers at the initial mix, I've made the kit before and want to add a little lift this time.

Anyhow, I'm wondering how much sugar to add to my king keg for the secondary fermentation? The guide of 6g per 500ml based on bottle conditioning seems too much but I'm happy to be corrected?

Also, those elderflowers. An interesting idea with subtle results or fish those flakey bits of leaf out of there straight away?!?

Cheers one and all

Graeme

If you search for a thread I started called " Ready to barrel first brew advice please" I got some good advice.

Back