New from Wolverhampton

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexBB

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Well new here and first post.... Hi to one and all :cheers:

I have been out today and bought my first kit and looking at the instructions left me with a few questions so thought I would look up a forum to see if I could learn a bit more..

This is the first time in many years I have done home brew (over 30!!) so things have changed quite a bit.. Used to brew with my dad when I was at home and when I had my first house... many years ago lol.. but I think a lot of that knowledge has fallen out! too many beers over the years!!

Kit I bought was an Ultimate Brewery Classics - American Golden Pale Ale... guy in the shop said it was a good first start..

Just dug out my stuff tonight, cleaned and sterilised all my bits and sitting reading the instructions... got to pop and get a couple of other bits of kit tomorrow and will be getting things started....

I hope its ok to ask a question in my first post??

Anyway first question is about 'Priming' ... I know its a way off yet but not sure about what the instructions say !!

This is what the instructions say;
"Transfer into bottles or pressure barrel priming with the required amount of either brewing sugar or spray malt. This is typically a quarter to a half teaspoon per pint bottle"..

My mate said this was the critical bit and not to put too much in... "quarter to half a teaspoon" sounds a bit wooly to me !!
I will be using 450ml bottles, so about 0.8 UK Pint..

Any pointers to a thread that might cover this would be of great help?

Regards
Alex..

I always use those measuring spoons and go with half a teaspoon.
On my first lager, I just used a normal teaspoon and guessed. It turned out ok, just a bit fizzy.

Back