whos brewing what for crimbo?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispurvis

Reaction score
After working christmas for the past 12 yrs. Ive decided this is the yr to let my hair down.
ive booked 2 wks leave.
Having my brothers over for a week.
So ive been busy brewing.
gonna have myself

23l Wherry
23l Festival golden stagg
23l tom caxton real ale and
21l better brew czech pilsner.

Think this yr is certainly going to be merry ;)

So what has every1 else got on the go ready for the festive period?

Lovely selection. I have a 23l keg of Milestone's Dasher the Flasher, the 20-odd bottles of Brewferm Christmas Ale (which is very dark), and - if it works - 40 bottles of the Bulldog Bad Cat Imperial Red (at 7.5%!).

Ive got the wherry and the festival in barrells and the tom caxton and pilsner are to be bottled today.
You also have a good selection. You'll have to let us know how the bulldog bad cat goes. But at 7.5% you might not be able to remember ;)

My girls will be home from university this Christmas and one of them is gluten intolerant. So I'm going to brew 5 gallons of gluten free stout for her at her request - she really misses beer since she found out she couldn't have gluten.
So I'm just about to put on 5 gallons of Brewmaker Shamrock Velvet Stout (which is lovely stuff anyway) and use a vial of White Labs Clarity Ferm to remove the gluten.

My dad and brother have coeliac disease so yesterday I set off some cider from cooking apples & will add some cinnamon for a christmassy feel ;)

As for the rest of the family:
20ltr Canadian Blonde
20ltr Irish Stout (w/ Chocolate and Coffee)
5ltr Blackberry Wine*

god knows amount of:
Blackberry Whisky*
Blackberry Rum*
Blackberry Brandy*
Sloe Gin*
Apple & Cinnamon Vodka*

* Suitable for the coeliacs

I've got Milestone Old Homewrecker bottled yesterday. Cinnamon and star anise for the festive flavour, just enough for a hint and not overpowering, and added 500 gms of dark spraymalt and brewed to 20 ltrs to get it to festive strength!!! ;)

Will dry hop another Simply Pale Ale kit with Cascade and Willamette for those that don't like dark ale. Lots of other left overs hanging around for a big new year blowout!!!

Great thread!

Ive got:
23l of Festival Razorback IPA, bottled and conditioning ready for 1/12
23l of American Oaked Rum Ale, not ready for bottling yet so hopefully it will be ok for boxing day sampling
9l of Brewferm Triple, added 500g light spraymalt, bottled today 1st bottle being cracked open 24/12

This will be a superb thread to re-look over for next years xmas ideas at around august time. Which helps people new to the homebrewing like me, ive made 6 kits so far and ive well and truely been bitten by the bug! :smile:

Some good selections out there,

I have got
5gal of Saracens Wherry Tweak
36 pints of Santas Winter Warmer
20 pints of Beers of the World Irish Extra Stout

Not much, I've only just started being.

Definitely got 14 bottles of Brewferm Tripel, and kegged 40l of Donner & Blitzed.

Hope to be better stocked next year, just need to get a good cycle going

I've been busy brewing the past couple of months to get my pre-Christmas brews finished as SWMBO wants her dining room back ;)

I made a Brewferm Christmas Beer back in April so looking fwd to giving that a try!

Got 18 bottles of Barley Wine brewed short to 9.5%ABV

American Oaked Ale - just bottled it on Friday and tastes just like I&G Rum Cask so can't wait for that one.

Obama's Honey Ale

Coopers Aussie Lager

Bulldog Easter Brew

plus maturing bottles of Chateau Neuf De Pape, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.

Oh and done a batch of Chocolate & Raspberry Port to give as presents.

6 bottles of Amaretto

And I've got a couple of WOWs on the go!

Hope it's gonna be enough :)

Some really good brews going for crimbo.
if only we lived on the same street. Some beer festival that would be.

Would just like to say to Saftlad. I know the dilemmas off not having a good cycle going im dry untill xmas. :(

And too spacedhopper. Congratulations on your baby as and when it comes!!

Cheers all
chris

Ooh yea. The kitchen brewer? Ive seen it loads on here. But what does SWMBO mean?
I know its somet to do with her in doors.

Brewferm Christmas (bottled in August)
Wherry
Pride of London Porter
Cooper's IPA with saaz hops
Wilko's Golden ale (still deciding what to dry hop with)
Still have four bottles of Grand cru (bottled in March) and about ten bottles of WOW. I also have sloe gin.
Knowing me I'll likely buy in a few choice bottles including Hepworth's Nöel and some Westmaler tripel.

Last year my mum made Rumtopf; noone stayed awake during the doctor who Christmas special!

Can you please give me the method and recipe for the port?

I've always wanted to make port

I used this kit:
http://www.brewstore.co.uk/selection-chocolate-raspberry-port-kit-3096-p.asp

It's a limited edition only available for a few weeks each year but we had a sneaky taste when bottling and it was already delicious - well worth tracking down.

The procedure was very much like any other wine kit, but there was no topping up with water, and when filtered I added some shop-bought brandy to fortify it.

Latest posts

Back