whos brewing what for crimbo?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20L Coopers (Chocolate) Stout , tweaked to about 5.9%
20L Wherry, about 6.5%
20L Wilkos Velvet, about 5.7%

Also conditioning:
Brewferms: Diablo, Grand Cru, Abbey, Ould Vlaams. Biere de Saisons x 4 different ones, Milestone, Wilkos Real Ale, Wherry x 2 kits, Coopers English Bitter x 2 kits, Coopers Irish Stout, Coopers Dark Ale, Coopers Stout x 3 kits.

Drinking:

A Great Big Selection Of The Above

Blimey, looks a lot when written down! The other half tells me I've got a problem, I reply "yeah, I've only got one mouth"

No, that last comment wasn't true!

Honest

:cheers:

Last edited:
Just started brewing recently but been busy. I've got Fuller's ESB, Ruby Mild, American wheat beer and English barley wine.
I've got some various grains and hops left over and a tin of LME so I'm going to make something out of that too.

Got a Milestone Dark Galleon in a slightly leaky barrel in the shed - that may or may not last. Setting off a Youngs American IPA this week and that may be too late. Off to belgium on a couple of weeks though so will bring plenty of backup.

chocolate stout.....I hope it tastes as good as it smells!
strawberry cider, bit of a wild card as I don't really like cider.
tequila & lime lager, one of my all time favorites.
the last of my evil dog American IPA.

23l festival suffork strong 6.2%
23l wilko golden ale 7.8%
21l Coopers English bitter 4.8%
44 bottles coopers European 5.2%
80 l finlandia 4.4 % for guests.

I've got a Milk Stout on the go, modified from a Coopers kit, should just be ready for chrimbo.
Looking forward to having a pint of it after xmas dinner, then falling asleep on the couch! (great way to miss the Queen's speech!).

40 bottles wilko golden ale 2 can.
wilko Mexican cerveza in fv ready for bottling weekend.
next fv wilko hoppy copper with lemon/ginger teabag addition.
various wow flavours brewing and bottled.
various t/c's also.

I've got the obligatory wherry in the fv. Also I'm brewing a coopers original stout with 500g spray malt, 454g black treacle and 100g cocoa powder, my first go at stout, hope it tastes as good as it did before fermentation.
I tend to forget what I've made, so a quick inventory of the beer cupboard and I found some bottles of golden ale (wilko I think) 20 litres of on the rocks fruit cider, 6 bottles of elderberry wine, 8 litres of chardonnay and 11 litre bottles of turbo cider.
Don't think I need much more :-D

23l festival suffork strong 6.2%
23l wilko golden ale 7.8%
21l Coopers English bitter 4.8%
44 bottles coopers European 5.2%
80 l finlandia 4.4 % for guests.

I am thinking of doing a Saison next using 3 cans of Wilko Golden Ale as a base for a pretty strong brew. Hence asking how you get 23L at 7.8%?

All the rest makes perfect sense, of course, Tony :tongue:

This weekend will start a Coopers Julebrig, then the following weekend a Cream Sout.

The tap-a-draft fits into a regular fridge, although I have to shift the top shelf up a few notches.
It works using the 8g co2 capsules, not sure it would work with a big cannister. Unless you can find a way of refilling the capsules.
Thanks for answering the man question , been busy . plus the only down side of the little co2 8g is the amount you might use if your fridge temp is too low under 6c and you will use more co2.

Wilko Golden Ale made with 1kg brewing sugar and 907g Tate and Lyle golden syrup.

I have a 10 month old (will be at Crimbo ) ABDIJ to sup, tasted mighty fine two months back, so expecting this to be pretty special, brewed two kits, around 35 bottles left, double trouble, :mad:

"I would give up drinking, but i;m no quitter" :drunk:

Kegged i have a Wherry and a Nog for crimbo and another Wherry for the New Year. In my FV Close to being bottled i have California Connoisseur Cab Sav, so with a bit of luck that little lot will take care of the festive season :)

Currently have a barrel of Nog conditioning in the garage along with about 10l of wilko Mexican Cerveza in 2l pet bottles, a dj of Blackberry wine the last of 5 gallons from this years crop, I am determined to save at least one bottle till next year but it tastes pretty good already and unfortunately, my friends think so too. Also one dj of blackberry, elderberry, raspberry and cranberry still clearing, a dj of mead, still fermenting after about 2 months, hope it'll be ready for christmas, a dj of plum still clearing and a John Bull IPA in the fv, brewed short to 18l with a Youngs BKE which I'm going to bottle next week. Hope that's enough. Better get some more going.:cheers:

Give the Better brew Czech lager ago man, you won't be disappointed....

The recipe is:
1 can Coopers original stout
500g dark DME
500g dark muscovado sugar
500g lactose

It's been in the FV for 1 week now and the airlock has gone very quiet after some vigorous activity. The krausen line is about 3 inches above the wort level.
Hoping it will have conditioned nicely for xmas.
I am thinking of doing a dark mild from a tin next, with some added DME. Then an Oktoberfest lager, following a Coopers recipe.

Latest posts

Back