whos brewing what for crimbo?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sooo, for christmas i will have:
Biab:
blonde ale
best bitter
Red ale
i will brew a simple dry stout and maybe a weizen

kits:
brewferm ambriorix
brewferm christmas
brewferm triple

wine:
400L of rose
400L of red wine (aragonês, trincadeira, syrah, alicant bouché and touriga nacional - all together)
100L white wine (arinto, sauvignon blanc, verdelho and encruzado - all together)

Ohh where do I start

30 bottles of Chardonnay
30 bottles of blush rosé
30 bottles of Pinot noir
6 bottles of cherry wine
40 pints of coopers cervezza
40 pints of coopers Aussie
40 pints of London ale with honey
40 pints Wilko Pilsner
40 pints Wilko delicate Pilsner
40 pints honey bitter (2kgs of honey 2kgs of sugar)
40 pints Wilko cervezza with molasses
1 gal vodka
1 gal ameretto
1 gal Malibu
1 gal WOW
1gal WOW
1 gal WOW
3 gal Apple juice cider
3 gal hard lemonade

And I'm doing more if I can find WGJ.

Scaff

Kegging a Youngs US pale ale tomorrow, then starting a Bulldog choc stout to which I'm adding extra DME and dry hopping with amarillo. Hopefully both ready for Christmas!

I have just added Bulldog mixed berry cider to my list of Crimbo brews as my son was not impressed with the thought of Wherry, Nog and Cab Sav so thats all my barrels filled until the new year

Scrap the golden stag from my list.
i made 3 bottles up and barreled the rest. My dad tried a bottle and liked it so much he asked if i could brew him some for his birthday...........nxt week.
not having nearly enough time to brew him one ive reluctantly let him have my barrel worth.

Brewed up a choolate stout today using:

Cooper's Original Stout

Cooper's dark LME

Munton's DME

200g Bourneville cocoa powder

200g Brown sugar

OG: 1070

Merry f*cking Christmas!

Brewed up a choolate stout today using:

Cooper's Original Stout

Cooper's dark LME

Munton's DME

200g Bourneville cocoa powder

200g Brown sugar

OG: 1070

Merry f*cking Christmas!

Merry feckin' Christmas indeed! Serve that one in sherry glasses.

It's right up there with Wales Ales most bonkers efforts! :drunk:

Youngs apa conitioning at the moment, got a ginger beer still fermenting, got a white wine kit about to go on and a tooheys lager kit about to go on

Happy christmas [emoji33]

Youngs apa conitioning at the moment, got a ginger beer still fermenting, got a white wine kit about to go on and a tooheys lager kit about to go on

Happy christmas [emoji33]

Keep us updated on the tooheys. Seen it in the lhbs and keep telling myself i should try it.

its gonna be my first attempt.....if I ever find the time just a simple coopers aussie lager,

Inthe kegs I have
Headcracker
Wherry
Mixed Berry Cider

In the bottles I have
Chardonnay
Rose
Elderflower
Pinot Grigio

My first home brew christmas

As a newbie, (and new HBF menber) I'm playing catchup.
Wanted to be prepared so did homework before starting, but left things a tad late.
Currently on the go are:
Coopers Aussie Stout
Bulldog Brews Evil Dog
rick-the-brew's ginger beer
2 variations on WOW (supermarket juice wine)

None look too promising at the moment, and I've a feeling I will be doing as per previous years and loking for supermarket Xmas booze offers.
The shame..:oops:

The main Christmas brews planned were Milestone Black Pearl (with vanilla & molasses) and Donner & Blitzed (with molasses) - bottled last month and pretty good already. I suspect the real treat will be the Young's New World Saison - at 6.3% it's quite a bit more potent, and definitely one to sup rather than treat as a session ale. There's also a gallon of damson gin that should be ready by then which should prove interesting :)

I've just taken a quick inventory of my garage beer store and I have 11 different brews left, done over the last 12 months or so, with a Bulldog Four Finger Jack doing secondary fermentation in the house, which gives me just the right selection for the twelve days of Christmas :)

Do any of you have any recommendations as to whether to keg or bottle Flasher the Dasher?
Cheers,
Chris

Got a Youngs American IPA in the FV that will be absolutely on the money for Christmas. Planning on getting a coopers pilsner on the go also but might just be a bit young for Christmas.

I've got an English Pale Ale and an Irish Extra Treacle Stout two weeks in the fv. Reckon I can get another one squeezed in, fancy a hefe.

I don't brew for Christmas - I just brew! Whatever I feel like brewing on brewday. I've got a stout in an FV now, and I'm going to do a red and a porter. And some pales.

Latest posts

Back