whos brewing what for crimbo?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothing planned for christmas dedicated I just plan what I am going to brew and do it, As much as I dont mind teh odd cinamon spicy seasonal type of christmas ale, I wouldn't want to drink a large batch of it..

I am planning on doing a version of clibits Brit hop. I will do a small 10 liter batch of left over hops from that and the English IPA.. I also want to do a pilsner/ lager but use US05 because I am a lazy bugger and will try and ferment it cool 16-18. After that I am going to probably try an american Pale ale in the new year ..

Planning on another 23l batch of my AG Excavator, a 23l batch of Kölsch another HBC Hobble Wobble AG kit and maybe a small batch of experimental stout (if someone can suggest a good AG recipe). Busy few weekends ahead. :-D

I don't brew for Christmas - I just brew! Whatever I feel like brewing on brewday. I've got a stout in an FV now, and I'm going to do a red and a porter. And some pales.

That's the difference between short and long brews I guess - plan ahead or brew what you feel like on the day!! What I mean is, I order in rather than having stock to tinker with. Not easy for me for bigger brews...

I don't brew for Christmas - I just brew! Whatever I feel like brewing on brewday. I've got a stout in an FV now, and I'm going to do a red and a porter. And some pales.

That's the difference between short and long brews I guess - plan ahead or brew what you feel like on the day!! What I mean is, I order in rather than having stock to tinker with. Not easy for me for bigger brews...

Yes I am well into the small batches. Shorter brewing sessions, more variety, more spontaneity. But less beer from each batch! But I don't drink enough to want 40 bottles. Only drawback is that when a brew turns out really special, it disappears way too fast. Usually other people drink most of them!

That's the beauty of brewing mate, so much variety - not just in the final product but what you do with it afterwards!!

Same here. Plan ahead, 30 kilo orders for efficient delivery costs, decide what I'm going to make and order for 3-4 brews at a time.

I hate Christmas so I've made a nice 7% abv Winter warmer to get me through it.
I'll have some IPA too, I hope.

Away for a couple of weeks early-mid December. Have ingredients for an American IPA. Have to decide whether there's time, or any point, making it before I go.

Hmmm I seem to have gone a bit mad, I have in three FVs ready for bottling, Imperial IPA, ESB and Ruby Mild, just ordered 30 KG delivery yesterday,

Planning

Guinesss extra clone
Calidonian Porter
Courage Directors clone
TT landlord ( I brew this constantly)
Imperial IPA

I would like to have in the house a bitter, a porter, a stout, a mild and an IPA :D

Nothing but I have been saving up 4 bottles from each brew I do and put them into my Christmas box

I don't brew anything special for Christmas as I drink a pint or two every day and Christmas is just another day. So I'm always brewing as well. Only thing I will be drinking specially on the day is the sloe gin i started off a few weeks ago. So that'll be breakfast sorted.:lol:

Thinking about what I'm currently on (Irish Red Ale) and then Northern Brown, I'll probably just be starting my Geterbrewed American Pale Ale by Christmas.

I tend to buy 10 kg of MO at a time, £11 ish from HBC, which does me about 6 small batches. Add on any other grains, hops and yeast I fancy. I do have s variety of brews in mind so I know what need, usually it's topping up things that are low. I decided a while back to stick to British grains cos they cover most bases, but I have Special B cos I like it and it's different. I have a small plastic crate containing specialty grains, which I buy whole and crush just before I mash. The hops got out of control, working on reducing those. And the craft a grain ordering system will enable me to buy small quantities, a godsend for small batch brewers, 100g bags are way too much for me most of the time. Craft a grain may cause me to plan my brews precisely, 5 or 6 brews ahead. Probably not, I waste very little, it'll just mean I use fresher hops and have less in the freezer.

Nothing plan especially for xmas. Just done my Saison which will be ready in time and plan a raspberry WOW before the big day. I still have over 80 pints of other brews to get through. The only thing I have been keeping back for Xmas is my Belgian Dark ABbey Ale.

Back