#AG Briz Hooky

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyclops

Landlord.
Reaction score
Did a brew yesterday with my small boiler of 25lts as my bigger one had a split In it, had a few little problems with the brew, the pt100 has a broken wire so temp kept jumping on the pid. I over came this by bending the wire over and cable tieing it together. Worked ok :)

Re did my pump and made a bypass valve on it to help the speed and not strain the motor.
ab055ff3.jpg

So onto the grain bill.
Pale malt - 3060
Flaked maize - 405
Crystal malt - 245
Black malt - 41
White sugar - 325 ( forgot to put this in, will add to fermenter today)

90 minute boil with 35g of challenger.
Last 15 mins of boil - 12g of East Kent Goldings and some protofloc.

Didn't have my thermometer to hand so not sure if mash hit or not, it's all a bit unscientific when I brew, if it makes good beer I don't mind. Never do the same receipe twice either. When I get shiny I will start doing things with a bit of accuracy with Herms :)

Wort came out at 1034 without the sugar addition. I got 22 litres out the boiler.

Used one of eskimobobs aerator to spray it into the fv and had fermentation underway in under 4 hours. Could have been sooner but didn't go out and look till then.

I used a brewlabs yeast that I asked for a while ago, I asked for one I could copy a marstons pedigree with, it came with the label 'M'. It's a top fermenter and smells awesome and fruity :)

Latest posts

Back