The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same thought tazuk!

I control the fermentation temperature, I've not identified a need to control the boil temp, its either boiling or not surely?

i run one of one socket and one off another at start of boil never had a problem yet but its a biggg no no to run 2 elements of one socket also never use conputer plugs on a element you need to use wot is called a a hot condition plug from places like r s or maplins :thumb:

rpt said:
Are you running 2 elements off one circuit? Not safe off a 13A socket. Or is a directly wired circuit?

Hi, thanks for the hints and tips,, at the moment its going to be 1 x 2750 watt element, the pot is only 15 ltrs full to the brim so wont be doing forty pint brews, probably going to stick to 20 pints,, because its quite small i dont want to run the risk of it boiling over. 2750 watts is within the 13 amp supply and the controller will handle 3800 watts.It has two sockets just because its one i had lying around. If AG is as good as it sounds then maybe i'll get a bigger one made up.

Latest posts

Back