STC-1000 Temp controller wiring

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the destructions that came with it. Sorry it's small, but I do have them in front of me and the cooling is definitely 7 & 8. EDIT, I've just discovered if you click on the image you can see it full size so you can see for yourself.

STC-1000.jpg

Runwell-Steve said:
Here is the destructions that came with it. Sorry it's small, but I do have them in front of me and the cooling is definitely 7 & 8. EDIT, I've just discovered if you click on the image you can see it full size so you can see for yourself.

STC-1000.jpg

You're right, I've just checked back on the same instructions here and it's 5&6 for heat and 7&8 for cooling, the reason there's a bit of confusion is that the diagram in the first post shows it t'other way round

Just had a quick read thru again before I put Dremel to plastic! Ive managed to get a free fridge AT LAST :D ! So its time to make a new controller! (with heater as per the collld stockport nights are coming. 6C we hit last night), not doing any good for the first night for my Stout in the garage :?

Darcey said:
Just had a quick read thru again before I put Dremel to plastic! Ive managed to get a free fridge AT LAST :D ! So its time to make a new controller! (with heater as per the collld stockport nights are coming. 6C we hit last night), not doing any good for the first night for my Stout in the garage :?

Photos or it doesn't count.

K

HBF to the rescue again!

I've been sat looking at my HK imported STC1000 instructions in Mandarin, and even doing my best Bert Kwok impression whilst reading them they didn't make any sense at all.
After reading this thread i've twigged that the STC1000 is merely the switching unit and that the live feed goes into the appropriate STC heater/cooler terminal (5/7) and then it is live again coming out of the terminal next to it (6/8) to the heater/cooler socket with neutral from each socket running back to mains feed...makes sense now.

Cheers guys.

I have one stc-1000 and some other 'aquarium' heaters. The other brands are a pain in the **** and as stated above they are only switched on the live wire with a comon bus for the neutral. I find then better to set up however. Once you have learnt and translated the Chinese text in the hard to find poorly written 'Instructions'.

D

kev said:
I've only found badly (hand) drawn wiring diagrams online for the STC1000's so I decided to do this........

stc1000.png

Can anyone double-check this? Is it right?

Thanks in advance.

K

Very helpful :cheers:

Guys, the heat and cool are the wrong way round. Pins 5, 6 are heat. Pins 7, 8 are cool. I have one and that is the way mine is wired, i used the same diagram you posted, but an updated one with heat, cool the correct way round.

THISis probably the best explained How To on the subject of setting up an STC1000 I've yet seen. I've just spend an hour in the shed building mine.

Good luck with your attempts.

I've been running one of these since christmas, all wired up and working as it should.

Its been running in a garage that has been cold so its only using the heater but this sunday was the first time that cooling has been needed to maintain 20 degrees.

It was bringing in the fridge but basically the fridge was taking a while to get going and then when it started to take effect the drop was over running. So 21, 21, 21 then 20, 19, 18, 17 degrees. Meanwhile the control had switched off the fridge and had brought in the heater but it took a fair time to get the temperature back in control.
The only parameter I can see is the 15 compressor one but I'm not sure how this works. There isnt any kind of auto tune on a STc1000 is there?

Back