Great Yarmouth Beer Festival........

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopsy

Reaction score
Me and the spouse had a night out at the GY Beer fest last night, great laugh, good music, and above all else some real tasty ales (& Ciders for the Boss). Think i managed 11 different ales (half's of coarse), before hitting the Fullers 1845 for a night cap. So here's the thing, £5 entry fee, £2 for you glass, and £1.60 for each beer token, which entitled you to half a pint, or one third of a pint if over 5.5%, so basically, £3.20 a pint, or £4.80 for a pint of the good stuff. Years ago beer festivals where designed to sell the product to us consumers and trade buyers, but now a days it's a business in it self, don't forget all these barrels of ale and ciders are donated free of charge or sponsored by various commercials, so the cost of setting up the show is minimal. I guess an average beer guzzler would consume between 5 to 8 pints, so we're talking over a fiver a pint with admission and glass, cant help but feel some one somewhere is lining the pockets.............PS, popped in Spoons for a snifter while waiting for a cab, £2.20 for a 6% guest ale, happy days....still prefer my own.....

Latest posts

Back