The shed brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im doing a brew on Saturday so will try out a couple of these ideas and see how I get on

I've been everywhere this afternoon for a rigid 5 inch elbow and couldnt get one from anywhere.
A lot of internet sellers are hydroponics shops, so I'll try there in the morning.

Bingo, last place I rang have them in stock very cheap. So I'll be nipping for one when I get time.

Looking good Dan!

Using the STC like thing for the HLT are you just putting the temp probe directly into the HLT. You said its a 30A controller - is it a modified STC or something different?? ANy ideas whether a normal STC temp probe is happy being in mash and sparge temp water??!!

Also - what are you using for wort cooling? I think I remember you have a soak-away to drain your water(??) (I started reading this post ages ago) does it cope with the water? I'm considering rigging up an old square sink and just drain the water onto my drive at the back of my house.... Might work..... :wha:

The etc is the 30a single relay controller so will only heat or cool not both. I made a small copper thermowell for the probe to sit in and works fine.
I have a twin coil I/c and runs straight into the sink. Can have the tap on full for half hour without any problems.

I'm getting a little concerned with trend of having end of garden sheds with insulation & heating...

You know Police Helicopter's have taskings is to look for sheds with heating - if your rudely awoken one morning in your bedroom by 10+ people in riot gear standing over you dont be surprised! And remember that Hops are of the same familiy as Marajuana, therefore the doggies will make a-b line to your stash of EKG's! :lol:

Might be worth chatting to your Neighbourhood bobby and offering them a free sample - always works a treat :cheers:

caerleon said:
I'm getting a little concerned with trend of having end of garden sheds with insulation & heating...

You know Police Helicopter's have taskings is to look for sheds with heating - if your rudely awoken one morning in your bedroom by 10+ people in riot gear standing over you dont be surprised! And remember that Hops are of the same familiy as Marajuana, therefore the doggies will make a-b line to your stash of EKG's! :lol:

Might be worth chatting to your Neighbourhood bobby and offering them a free sample - always works a treat :cheers:

Thats quite funnys, as my neighbour said to me the other day i could smell canabis yesterday!!!!

Hhahahahahahaha, na i said, it was my Goldings Fuggles and Liberty hops brewing away very potent indeed :lol:

Looks brilliant! I'm hopefully going to be dismantling and rebuilding the shed this year(getting rid of a lot of the junk that's in it aswell!) So I'm very interested in brew sheds!

You should do a open day for people like me to be nosey lol

danb said:
No problem mate, we'll have to arrange sometime and you can come over. :cheers:

That'll be brill if we can :thumb: I work most days in the week and every Saturday but have every other Sunday off so Sundays would be easiest for me or even an evening after work. PM me mate when your free, save me taking over your thread!

Being new to brewing and this forum, I have only just seen this thread. Wow, what a great project and nicely done sir!! You have given me inspiration to try something like this myself, but will have to use part of my garage......

Jas

Back