'Ere Rodney, I've got an idea...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElChemist

Absolute numpty...
Reaction score
So, the very last kit I have left is a Better Brew Czech Pilsner ( 2 went on today, but I had 3 for some reason...)

I have sitting in my non grain storage some dark spray malt and some Belgian Ale Yeast. What kind of concoction would be made by combining the 3 do you reckon?

Czech kit has saaz and perle in it I think mix in some dark spray and the Belgian Ale for some fruity esters and I think it might make a decent tipple...

Opinions please!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So, the very last kit I have left is a Better Brew Czech Pilsner ( 2 went on today, but I had 3 for some reason...)

I have sitting in my non grain storage some dark spray malt and some Belgian Ale Yeast. What kind of concoction would be made by combining the 3 do you reckon?

Czech kit has saaz and perle in it I think mix in some dark spray and the Belgian Ale for some fruity esters and I think it might make a decent tipple...

Opinions please!

what sugar and what equipment do you have at your disposole eg thermometers for rehydrating yeast at the correct temperature etc

Pretty much everything either in the house or at the LHBS

go for it, the general rule of cooking applies to brewing imho..

in the worst case it will be a basis for shandies for the ladies, bless em ;)

You know what Fil, you're right. normally I'm a very adventurous cook so why would be anything else as a brewer...

I need to listen to myself. I said it sounded like it might work well. Lets hope its more Spicy Beef and Rice than Mashed banana and ketchup sarnie...

Chem

I can't see it turning out badly, but maybe a bit different.

I've often blended the beers I make and they never go undrinkable as an outcome.

Well, guess we'll find out soon...

Added 1.2kg Dark Spray Malt to the stock pot, boiled in 3 litres of water for 10 minutes, dunked in the sink with ice for 10 minutes, temp monitored by the inkbird, once temps hit 30 degrees, added the kit pouch to the FV rinsed with boiling water added spray malt solution, made the whole thing up to 23 litres and pitched my MJ Belgian Ale yeast at exactly 27 degrees (Packet says best between 28 and 32, who am I to argue)

Lets see how this crazy concoction turns out.

I'm not much of a hop head, so wont be adding anything else. Gonna see what the yeast adds to this kit...

Depends on the yeast but usually they can be quite funky in some cases, some people do not like that

I am sure it will come out okay..

Latest posts

Back