Mash Temp

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_Mc

Regular.
Reaction score
I was given a Wherry kit for Xmas, but the yeast sachet was missing. Patsy at Munton's quickly sent me several replacement yeasts packets so thought I'd try a Munton's premium yeast in a AG stout.

I like my stouts dry so usually go for a 64c mash, with a Wherry though I remember them being quite sweet :hmm:

Anyone have any thoughts, stick to s04, notty or just mash at 66c and use the Munton's yeast?

Hi Sean, the Scottish Craft Brewers did a Yeast Trial a couple of weeks ago that included Muntons yeast. You might want to go over and have a look and make your own mind up. :whistle:

SCB Yeast Trial

Hmmm that's interesting that. A job well done though, it would be good to see a trial with different styles of ales too.

Thanks Calum, I saw the link yesterday, then seemed to spend a couple of hours looking around the site :D

Think I'll leave the Muntons in the freezer and use notty :thumb:

Vindiv8 said:
Hmmm that's interesting that. A job well done though, it would be good to see a trial with different styles of ales too.

we are planning another trial for our meeting in November although we have still to decide on the details.

Sean_Mc said:
Thanks Calum, I saw the link yesterday, then seemed to spend a couple of hours looking around the site :D

Think I'll leave the Muntons in the freezer and use notty :thumb:

I though you might have come to that conclusion. ;)

Latest posts

Back