king kegs... ..your experiences

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a bottom tap Keg and have put a Mexican Cerveza in. Primed with 120g sugar. Left warm for a week or so and it's at about 8 degrees. It's been left at 8 degrees for about 3 weeks.

On pouring a pint it came out quite frothy. I literally turned the tap a tiny bit and it comes out half froth, half beer. It's completely flat, no bubbles but the taste is good. Not particularly enjoyable with no fizz though.

So I bought the CO2 canister (Hambledon) thinking it was under CO2ed. Got to the point where the pressure release kicks in. Left a couple more days and still have the same problem. Flat but frothy beer, a couple of bubbles (could actually count them!), little cloudy as well.

So, I read a comment above about opening the tap fully. I opened the tap and closed it in the time Usain Bolt leaves his blocks and I ended up with a puddle of froth all over the floor and a pint of froth!

Really struggling as to what to do next! It seems under a decent amount of pressure but the beer is almost completely flat.

Any suggestions... please?!

Latest posts

Back