Totally new to this

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lozzaclinnick

Reaction score
Never brewed before, asked for a load of homebrew related kit for my birthday. Started a Coopers Lager kit on Sunday and really have no idea how its going to turn out, got some demi johns as well so hoping to have a go at wine some point in the future.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it here Lozzaclinnick

Coopers lager has been frementing for 7 days now and primary fermentation seems to have stopped.

Took a sample (after sanitising tube and hydrometer several times - Just to be sure!) It tastes OK (not great but i'm happy with the taste for a first atempt) and the Hydrometer is reading 1.005, however its very cloudy.

Is this normal after first phase of fermenting? Will it clear while conditioning or should I leave it longer in the fermenting bucket? :wha:

Apologises if this is in the wrong thread.

Drinking out of the fermenter eh? You won't catch me doing that as I close the door first :D

It will get clearer as the yeast drop out of suspension when they have done the deed, I would leave it a couple more days as yeast do more than ferment the sugars, they also clean their mess up aswell.

The bottle or barrel it will be great!

Latest posts

Back