Help, Quick and easy beer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebop1980

Reaction score
Hi Guy's not brewing anything at the mo but a few conditioning.

Just wondering if you have any suggestion for a quick and easy but tasty beer kit that can be made and conditioned in time for xmas.

I know i have a few beers already that will be done for then but was thinking of a simple beer that can be drunk by friends if my others are too good to share. ;)

Any ideas.

Wheat beers can be drunk young and can be ready in around 4 weeks. I don't know of many otehr types that will be drinkable in that space of time.

Something with a low OG? I think someone sugguested for every .010 add a week before trying. If your bottling then it may take longer as you will have to wait for them to condition as well as age suitably.

WelshPaul said:
Wheat beers can be drunk young and can be ready in around 4 weeks. I don't know of many otehr types that will be drinkable in that space of time.
Ive got a Wit Bier in the FV for the last 3 weeks, keg it today and be ready for the weekend. (havnt tasted it yet tho :?)

You might just about get away with a Coopers IPA. Mine was OK but drinkable three weeks from brew day (week and a half in FV and a week and a half in the bottle) and really came together after 5 weeks...

...really? is it only 4 weeks to Christmas...

...might be pushing it a bit...

Yeah i thought so but worth asking, as i would be bottle conditioning time would be a factor.

Oh well may just need to attempt something and if it's not ready for xmas maybe new year. ;)

coopers stout with 500g of dark spray malt and 1kg demerera sugar I was Drinking it after 3 week and it was really good.

You're looking at simple with a moderately low abv - higher needs more time. Like somebody mentioned, wheat will form a good head much faster than lager et in bottles. They're good too!

Not bothered with a high abv, just a simple beer with a nice flavor.

Stout may be an idea but think that would need longer maturing to get the best out of it, mmmm decisions.

With finers and force carbing, mines ready in 2 weeks in the keg. At optimum temp you could probably have decent carbonation in a week, without the actual lagering process you could probably have it ready in 3 weeks!

I would 2nd Wolverine`s suggestion & go with a Coopers stout. Last one i did was made up with 1kg of dark spray malt & about 250g of brewing sugar. Had it in the FV for about 10 days then kegged it, & started drinking it after a few days in the keg. Great stuff!

Back