Rose (not Rose, but Rose with that little thing above it)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Off Killter

Reaction score
Hi all,
The Mrs is partial to Rose' (the fizzy stuff thats a pinky colour) wine. Could anyone recommend a decent kit? Is there one? Recommendations would be better than searching (yes, lazy I know!) ;)

Many thanks in advance,
Tim

P.S. Bums, if this is in the wrong place, please move :oops:

adomant said:
Beaverdale do a nice Chablis Blush which we like because it is not too sweet

Thanks for the quick reply adomant, just Googled "Chablis Blush" and it looks spot on for a 6 bottle kit. Would you change the recipe in anyway? Or just go with the instructions included? Sorry for the questions, but I know alot of you "tweak" kits to make them better, and as a newb, it's all good to know (and to put in my little book) :thumb:

Again, many thanks,
Tim

Off Killter said:
not Rose, but Rose with that little thing above it
You mean Rosé, with an acute accent. On a Mac it's option-e, but on a Windows PC (Piece of ****) you've got to hold down the alt key while you type 0233

Anyway, make a WOW using red grape juice and/or using Cranberry juice drink in place of the orange.

Moley said:
but on a Windows PC (Piece of ****) you've got to hold down the alt key while you type 0233

Thanks for telling us that Moley.

I thought that the acute accent had been rubbed off from my keyboard after years of abuse by the kids threatening to throw it at each other :D .

Try Googling “Windows alt codes” and you will find a whole load of them for different accents and special characters.

Here's one link but you might find something more useful.

Moley said:
You mean Rosé, with an acute accent. On a Mac it's option-e, but on a Windows PC (Piece of ****) you've got to hold down the alt key while you type 0233
On a Windoze PC you can also press Alt Gr and e to get the é

Duncs said:
On a Windoze PC you can also press Alt Gr and e to get the é
Well I'll be jiggered.*

I never use the right hand control keys on a Mac keyboard but they do the same as the left hand set. It never even occurred to me to read the right hand Alt key on a PC keyboard or contemplate that it might be any different to the one on the left.

Now I've seen the “Gr” I'm going to have to suss out what it means and what it does.

Thanks for that :thumb:

Here are a few others you can use:

TO INSERT THIS PRESS
à, è, ì, ò, ù,
À, È, Ì, Ò, Ù CTRL+` (ACCENT GRAVE), the letter
á, é, í, ó, ú, ý
Á, É, Í, Ó, Ú, Ý CTRL+' (APOSTROPHE), the letter
â, ê, î, ô, û
Â, Ê, Î, Ô, Û CTRL+SHIFT+^ (CARET), the letter
ã, ñ, õ
Ã, Ñ, Õ CTRL+SHIFT+~ (TILDE), the letter
ä, ë, ï, ö, ü, ÿ,
Ä, Ë, Ï, Ö, Ü, Ÿ CTRL+SHIFT+: (COLON), the letter
å, Å CTRL+SHIFT+@, a or A
æ, Æ CTRL+SHIFT+&, a or A
œ, Œ CTRL+SHIFT+&, o or O
ç, Ç CTRL+, (COMMA), c or C
ð, Ð CTRL+' (APOSTROPHE), d or D
ø, Ø CTRL+/, o or O
¿ ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+?
¡ ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+!
ß CTRL+SHIFT+&, s
Edit: Forgot one. Alt+0128 = € Euro symbol

I agree with the recommendation for the Beaversale Chablis blush, it was the first proper kit I did and turned out really well.

Just doing a WOW at the moment but like the idea of tweaking it with RWJ and or cranberry, would anyone recommend to do either or or both?

This makes a good blush WOW type:

25 Lt SG 1.085
3 Lt WGJ
2 Lt RGJ
4 Lt OJ
1 Lt Asda Cranberry & Pomegranate juice
1 Handful Dried Cranberries
1 Handful Raisins
4 kg sugar
5 tsp Nutrient
2.5 tsp Tanin
5 tsp Pectolase
Youngs red Bordeaux Yeast

bobsbeer said:
This makes a good blush WOW type:

25 Lt SG 1.085
3 Lt WGJ
2 Lt RGJ
4 Lt OJ
1 Lt Asda Cranberry & Pomegranate juice
1 Handful Dried Cranberries
1 Handful Raisins
4 kg sugar
5 tsp Nutrient
2.5 tsp Tanin
5 tsp Pectolase
Youngs red Bordeaux Yeast

Do you have a 1G version of that handy to save me doing the maths? Please?

I don't I'm afraid, as I make all my wine in 25lt batches. Also easier and cheaper as you don't need to split cartons of juice etc. But you could divide everything by 5 (except the yeast).

Latest posts

Back