"Bog Frog" (Hobgoblin Clone)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger it this has stopped at 1.020 - looks like it'll be brought into the house with the other 2 FV's tomorrow - Mrs Wez is not going to be happy having 100L of fermenting beer in the kitchen :? what can I disguise it as :hmm:

down to 1.016 today (71.4% attenuation) I think it may be OK :pray:

next time ... aeration equipment = brewers paddle fitted into a drill :grin:

Keen to hear how this turns out once it's ready.

I was a little disappointed with my Hobgoblin clone thinking about it.

Wez said:
Bugger it this has stopped at 1.020 - looks like it'll be brought into the house with the other 2 FV's tomorrow - Mrs Wez is not going to be happy having 100L of fermenting beer in the kitchen :? what can I disguise it as :hmm:

My Ptarmigan stopped early and I transfered it to a secondary fv. It's away like the clappers again.

Wez
Im too lazy to trawl the rest of the Post. Did you use Bobek in the end?
If your brew comes out anything like my version I would strongly suggest you let it mature for a couple of Months.
My first taste at 1 week gave me a real petrol horrible aftertaste. :sick:
1 month later the petrol taste has gone but I was not happy and in fact I disliked it so much that I was going to dump it :cry: .
I then went off in my caravan for two weeks. :party:
Its now a different beer at 7 weeks old Its cleared for a start and the acidic almost chillilike aftertaste has gone. It now has it as a background taste which actually now makes the ale and I now recognise this taste as Bobek.

I ran it through an 8 pint tasting process last night and there were no faults found. Its an accelerator pint (each glass drains faster than the previous one). While it doesnt sail in the same sea as ale from the "Kenny stable" it has turned out rather nice :thumb:
I think that Bobek is a hop which needs some maturing in the keg.
So Keg it up, put it somewhere safe and forget it.

Hi Frisp, sorry missed your post :oops:

Yep used Bobek in the end, will give it a try next week and see how it goes :cool:

Finally got around to bottling (x12) and Kegging this tonight, 1.014 so it's ~5.5%

Here is the finished product:

006.jpg

There is a slight haze to it but then I guess it is still a bit young.

I really like this beer, the grain bill works well for me, while the Bobek are nice I might try it with just Goldings next time, I think it could be an awesome beer then.

Edit - It tastes nothing like Hobgoblin :rofl:

Latest posts

Back