sticky labels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PD

Landlord.
Reaction score
For my last few brews I've been using some small round sticky labels, plain white 25mm in diameter
I got them from The Range, made by BLICK. 12 labels to a sheet and 10 sheets in the packet. cost 49p.
Lovely little dot labels and they instantly come off as you wash your bottles, there's no need to rinse them, I wish they did them in a few different colours...

I have bigger labels than that, about 60mm diameter, from a4labels.com, they also come off pretty easily, and I don't mind what colour they are because I print them. Quite reasonable in quantity.

I don't label beer but since my stocks got so big I was toying with the idea of sticky labels and a rubber stamp so when I get it all together in the hut ill k ow whats what.

hi i did here you can use a4 paper cut to size and stuck it on with milk is his true...

regards mick... :hat: .

Yup, Plain A4 paper, split into 6-8 will make good labels for bottles. Printed with a laser printer and a light covering of milk will do the job nicely. All comes off in one whole piece left in water for 10 mins.

You'll never use sticky bought labels again!

The problem with the milk plan is that I only have an ink jet printer so the ink will run, any other suggestions?

CheshireCBR said:
The problem with the milk plan is that I only have an ink jet printer so the ink will run, any other suggestions?
Spray them with cheap hairspray :thumb:

Will give it a go :D have got a batch of lager to label up before the next batch it ready :)

CheshireCBR said:

Someone has mentioned a light covering of hair spray on inkjet printed labells, but couldn't comment on whether this works or not.

CheshireCBR said:

I've done it with inkjet printed labels and they turned out perfect. I brushed the milk directly onto the bottle instead of the label which I think help it not to run :cheers:

I print mine on a laser printer and use a little powdered milk mixed with water. Works a treat, but you need to wiggle the label around and then squeeze out the surplus liquid with a tea towel for the best adhesion, I've found.

Latest posts

Back