"Cock Ale"

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evanvine said:
I can't quite believe the sincerity of it!
Oh believe it :thumb:

The grist, 2.2 kg pale malt and 150g Crystal malt
DSC00301.jpg

Mash on 66C fo 90 minutes
DSC00302.jpg

evanvine said:
Sorry for the doubt TS, it just seemed a little bizzar.
I will have faith in future!
Don't worry Evanvine I'm sure you're not the only one that thought it was a wind up ;)
It is a little bizarre and that's why I'm doing it :lol:
I have little doubt it will be vile and won't make it into bottles, but what the hell it's got to be worth it for the sake of a couple of kilos of malt :wha:

evanvine said:
Well done TS, it's nice to be adventurous!
Looks like my spelling went to pot in the previous post.
looking forward to the "cock ale" taste report, who knows it may be somthing out of this world!
If it turns out to be non toxic Evanvine I will gladly send you a bottle to try yourself :thumb:

davesiv said:
Your a braver man than me TS, i wouldnt have eaten all that chicken in one go :grin:

Will you be entering a bottle in MATCHFEST 10?
If it turns out to be any good why not :hmm:
I'm not intending to judge next year, so that I can enter some beers of my own, it might be a good one to "inflict" on the judges :rofl:

Personally, I have to say this looks rather grim :nono:

But hat's off you TS, you're a braver man than me :clap:
I hope it works out well for you :cool:

jonewer said:
Moar photos please! I want to see that chook going in!
more photos it is, but you'll have to wait until the beer is actively fermenting before the chicken goes in ;)
End of the boil
DSC00305.jpg

Dropping the wort into the FV to aerate
DSC00306.jpg

So that's your game letting the judges put their lips around your cock .... ale :lol: :rofl:

Goooo awn t_s...hat of to ya :thumb:
I don't think I've ever seen this recipe had it bluff called...will be very interesting.
Not sure I like the idea of the raw chicken version :shock: I know alcoholic acidic solutions are pretty bacteria hostile environments but I'm not sure I'd chance it with campylobacter and salmonella :shock: :sick:

Today we have a good active fermentation
DSC00307.jpg

The recipe says to skim any scum before adding the "Cock" but we know better don't we boys and girls :grin:
The carcass strained into a grain bag
DSC00308.jpg

Adding the bagged "Cock" to the fermenting beer
DSC00309.jpg

In goes the strained liquid
DSC00310.jpg

Recipe now calls for the "Cock" to remain in the fermenting beer for two days, so that's what will happen :thumb:

Latest posts

Back