Are the beaverdale beginners kits any good ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathf1980

Reaction score
Hi all

Im looking into making my first batch of wine and have been doing a bit of research online . I have watched a few videos on youtube and looked a fair few beginners kits .

What I was wondering is do you always have to rack you the wine as the beaverdale kit I have been considering only comes with 1 fermentation bin ? I don't really want to spend a fortune until i have made a few baches and know I'm going to enjoy / stick at it . so have been looking at the cheaper kits .

Its £69 for a 30 bottle started kit with the one bin and the juice ,or if I buy a kit with 2 bins and a few other bits and the juice separately around £120 . bit confused as to if the racking is required as all I have read/watched so far shows people doing it . don't want to spend £69 to discover I should of bought the more expensive kit

Also (sorry to go on ) how would it compare with a store bought wine ? I usually buy the half price £5 supermarket cab sav or shiraz

thanks

Hang on, even £69 sounds too much.

Let me shop around and do some sums, will get back to you.

Beaverdale kits are pretty good and should certainly compare favourably with five quid wines :thumb:

For £78 you can get a 2 large bins equipment kit and a Beaverdale 30 bottle kit from BiggerJugs, I suppose p&p is going to bump that a bit though. Not as far as £120 though, I'd have thought. And that's just the 1st place I checked.

Sorry, but I was having my dinner and others have already given some good leads :thumb:

Where are you, and do you know of a local home brew shop, or have a branch of Wilkinson's nearby?

Thanks a lot everyone for your help .

certainly clarified things a bit and a lot better prices ! . going to order in the next day or 2 . hopefully this time next month I will be drinking my own wine !

thanks again :D

Latest posts

Back