Love this hobby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have one it was girls sadly the wife didnt understand now i spend to much time on here aswell :-?
Steve

Enjoying my hobby so much I thought I'd join you for one.

20150505_215625.jpg

I agree, shop bought lager tastes **** now compared to my homebrew 'lager'. Must get another one going for the warmer weather if it ever comes.

I wonder sometimes if I'm "tricking" myself to prefer Homebrew because I put so much effort and research into it, and wonder whether buying a few bottles of commercial is actually more worth it.

I genuinely believe that Homebrew tastes better? It doesn't taste super clean like a can of whatever, but I like that? I like that I know exactly what's in my beer and that I can taste the honey, the biscuit, the deep malty flavours and every hop I throw into it. I like that I adapt any single beer I want to my preferred taste. I like that I sit back with a cold one and think "ha this cost me 60p" or whatever.

I like people's response to it, thinking they won't like it and struggling to be negative towards it. No doubt some people prefer the commercial stuff and there's definitely some delicious ones out there (leffe & hoegaarden being my current favourites at £1.88 for 750ml), and that's fine, I'd never push my brews on them; however there are a lot of my friend and family that love it when I bring my wine or beer with me.

It's a hobby, a lifestyle and becoming an institution; I never knew or dreamt that I could genuinely make nice tasting beer in my kitchen!

Latest posts

Back