Christmas Spiced Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlw524

Reaction score
Here is my first tasting of my spiced Christmas ale, that I brewed in time for Christmas, although tasting tonight suggests it's ready!
Can't taste the cinnamon but the raisins (and cloves that were never included) have come through nicely.
Excellent head retention and a deep flavour - well impressedView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449872368.741701.jpg

What was the additions? And when did you add them?
I would love to make a spiced beer. Probably too late though!!!

I added 100g of raisins and 4g of cinnamon stick for the last 10 minutes of boil.

Mine will be ready in a week. Tasted a pre-bottled version. Incredibly fruity, enough spice coming through. Not sure of the carbonation, left it in the primary too long.

Nice. I missed the window to get a spiced beer done for the holidays.
Brewing today but just some kind of lighter, happier ale. Going to use 2 different hops, some German type (Japan dealers think they're all the same so no name on it, just IBU) and.... And....
CASCADE!!!! Gift from the gods!!

I suppose that it could be from the chocolate malt or the progress or challenger hops, or a combination. It's a mystery to me! Haven't brewed much recently, so the flavour combinations are quite intriguing ! Whatever the cause, it was really nice!

Back