beginners questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruzilla

Reaction score
Hi there

Hope someone can help with a couple of questions I have:

My first WOW I've made with 2l of pineapple juice but no grape juice. Reading the thread further I see it's highly recommended that gj is included.

Has anyone made with just pineapple juice and what's the verdict (it any general views on this).

Second question, turbo cider ready to bottle.I see some add raspberry syrup. I have some and want to use for priming. I presume I use instead of sugar rather than as well as, and how much should I add to each bottle. 750 ml bottles.

Any advice much appreciated!

Cheers
Bruzilla

Hello mate

Can't vouch for your pineapple brew, probably turn out a bit like an alcopop but be interesting to see if it clears !

I use syrups a lot to prime to and how much you need to use depends on the sugar content (see the label on the bottle). Yes, you don't add syrup AND sugar, either will do, but the syrup adds a nice flavour I reckon

Eg the Lowicz strawberry has 85g of sugar per 100ml of syrup

I typically use about 6 of sugar to prime a 500ml bottle so I would use 9g per 750ml bottle

If I want 9g of sugar from the syrup, I would work out

100 / 85 x 9 = 10.6 (ml)

Substitute the 85 for whatever the actual sugar content of your syrup is

Give us a shout if that doesn't make sense !

Cheers toddy. The pineapple wow has been going crazy, changed the airlock 3 times now! Tool we d up a bit early which probably didn't help.

Thanks for your help on the syrup makes perfect sense.

:thumb:

Bruzilla

Back