"Bensons Oatmeal Stout" - a tribute to mans best friend

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gd luck with it wez. thats the first time I've read that post, sorry to hear about Benny boy. I've got a springer spaniel who is 13, she's a wee beast and still powering on! I'll be toasting a homebrew to the BenMeister ( hopefully along with a thistle win in the scottish cup!)

abeyptfc said:
gd luck with it wez. thats the first time I've read that post, sorry to hear about Benny boy. I've got a springer spaniel who is 13, she's a wee beast and still powering on! I'll be toasting a homebrew to the BenMeister ( hopefully along with a thistle win in the scottish cup!)

Thanks man :thumb:

Springers are awesome :cool:

I'm loving the cheekyness of Cocker Spaniels at the moment too and we hope to increase our number to 2 cockers in the spring :pray:

Wez said:
abeyptfc said:

I'm loving the cheekyness of Cocker Spaniels at the moment too and we hope to increase our number to 2 cockers in the spring :pray:

aye shes a wee cheeky barra is wee Meg. the best thing is when you come home from work and she comes to meet you at the front door, if you say to her 'Gies the smiles' (as in 'give us') she lifts her top lip up and smiles at you its magic.

abeyptfc said:
Wez said:
abeyptfc said:

aye shes a wee cheeky barra is wee Meg. the best thing is when you come home from work and she comes to meet you at the front door, if you say to her 'Gies the smiles' (as in 'give us') she lifts her top lip up and smiles at you its magic.

OMG Benson did exactly the same!!!!!!!

We used to say "My smilin boy!" and he'd do it

I'm a springer man too, I have a 12 yr old springer called Jake. He's an old man but I expect a few more years out of him yet he is still very sprightly just got a bit of arthritis in the legs which means me needs to be lifted onto the couch when he is feeling sorry for himself ( he is perfectly capable of it really).

Anyway I have been planning a fitting barley wine brew in his honour 'Old Jake' on the lines of a well know cat inspired Stockport Brew which I have fond memories of.

When I first read this post it really touched me, and also showed what a fantastic community this website is.

Anyway Good Luck Mate

:thumb: :thumb:

Alistair

Meet Paddie, he's a bit more relaxed than a springer

Paddie.jpg

All the best with your brew

Think I will do an Oatmeal myself, (after my planned pedigree clone,) especially being a Springer man.

Meg in retirement, left us a few years ago but still fondly remembered, sat beside me every day in the Landrover for most of her 15 and a quarter years. years
5042186162_51544ee94d_b.jpg

The new pair of reprobates
Baby !
4948946762_aaa4bfcb19_b.jpg

And Old Dog
4947791407_cc015aaae8_b.jpg

Once you have had a Springer nothing else will do :D
S

Springer said:
Once you have had a Springer nothing else will do :D
S

Too true I had one when I was a kid and looked after one on the estate in scotland were i worked and alsways wanted one again. My wife had had one too so really Jake was the only choice. Got him from Northwest English Springer rescue (as a pup) a worthy cause and fun days are always mad 100+ mad springers running around a field :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers

Oh wez ... not seen this post before.

The 'memorial brew' is a fantastic idea, as is the name.

Have a cracking brewday, hope it goes well and then raise a glass to the pup!

Say Wez this post certainly brings back memories....... you can see we are dog mad here, theres even 3 on the fireplace behind Meg :D
I can highly recommend two, the extra one is not much more trouble and after all they are pack animals,.......... if two is counted as a pack :? I certainly get more than twice the pleasure unless Mrs. S is moaning about the kitchen floor after a wet outing :evil: .......... thats when its time for a sharp exit for me :lol:
100+ mad springers
Yeah maybe there is something rather than a Springer.............a cocker, fancy one myself actually :D

Unless you have a pet pheasant!
Not many of those around these parts :lol: Only in the freezer that is ;) :eek: :lol:

The 'memorial brew' is a fantastic idea
yep am definitely doing one, for springers and cockers rampaging everywhere :D
Meg is still in on the window cill, in her casket above the other pairs basket. :? Did not have the heart to turn her out, and spead the ashes on her happy hunting ground once the others arrived :cry:

We went with a Cocker after we lost Benson the main reason was because we had very small children at the time and thought that maybe a springer was too much to take on again at that moment in time, he's bundles of fun and has loads of energy, great with the kids and has such a cheeky charachter.

I dare say another Springer will enter our lives in the future but right now we are considering another Cocker pup next year :thumb:

Edit : We still have Bensons ashes in a nice little casket, we had him cremated with his favourite blanket.

Right!

The oats are toasting in the oven at the moment, the house smells amazing :cool:

Back