1st Coopers European Lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mutznutz

Reaction score
Going to start my first Coopers European Lager sometime next week/weekend, so got a few questions for anybody has brew this with success and have any handy tips...

1 - Should I change the Yeast, because I can only keep a good constant temp of 19-20C in a Temp Controlled Box (not tried it in winter yet so i might be able to go lower) :-?
2- What the best / foolproof sugars to use? (500g LME and 500g Dextrose?)
3- Estimated times scales? (I know its down to FG but what should i be aiming for?)
4- Any handy Tips?

Thanks in Advance :thumb:

1. For some ideas why not look through the reviews for this kit here
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17845
2. This comes with a proper lager yeast so is ideally fermented at lower temperatures than ale yeasts.
3. Apart from that, and in the absence of anything else, you could just follow the instructions on the can!

I currently have this on the go in a brew fridge set at a constant 14.5 degrees. used only 1kg brew enhancer as per instructions. now the hard part will be waiting the 12 weeks as per the instructions once bottled. it does come with a true lager yeast, it's in the instructions near the back.

I previously wasted a kit by experimenting with it prior to doing it to instruction first. so in my opinion go with the kit( or something that someone else has done as per point 1 above.

Then once you know what it should taste like you can try different things.

Latest posts

Back