Bottle post packaging

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, but what's wrong with corrugated cardboard. Last Christmas my daughter sent me a dozen bottles of various `craft ales' from a mail order beer place. To my surprise they turned up in an ordinary cardboard box with cardboard dividers between the bottles. To my surprise they were all unbroken.

A bottle can take a punch, just make sure there is no concentrated force or tic. A thick corrugalated box absorbs a lot of impact already. If in doubt, wrap them up in bubblewrap. Also make sure that the bottles can't freely move in the parcel (obviously).

Cool, but what's wrong with corrugated cardboard. Last Christmas my daughter sent me a dozen bottles of various `craft ales' from a mail order beer place. To my surprise they turned up in an ordinary cardboard box with cardboard dividers between the bottles. To my surprise they were all unbroken.

Every few months we get a dozen bottles of wine delivered in a cardboard box and have never had any broken. These gadgets are just for single bottles, though. I see a few discussions about packaging bottles for bottle swaps, I thought these might be interesting.

Back