Surveys/Market Research Questionaires

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they? I remember once some guy downloaded those crypto locker ransomeware to his pc, They it messed up some files , so rather than ring us he got his colleague to try it all first then he rang us the next day.

Thankfully we got it quickly, those ransomewares are horrid.

yes, we thank each member of staff publicly with each new exploit they report and we say in English what could have happened.

The crypolocker type stuff has hit most companies in my sector and it's taken between 2 hours to 2 days to tidy up the mess depending on how good their plans are and the extent of the encryption. :(

These recent examples may well be dodgy but there are genuine students out there who might look to a forum like this as a source of information.

Anyone who is a real student should be able to email you from an email address with an educational domain, typically .ac.uk for UK universities or .edu for US universities.

Perhaps then a rule could be raised as mentioned that you have to have a bedding in period or straight up surveys are automatically locked until investigated by the mods.

Just a thought, but to stop companies "mining" information from your computer I suggest that at the end of EVERY Internet session you clear out the Cookies lodged on your computer.

For Safari it is ...

"Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data > Remove All"​

Even on a short visit to the Internet you can collect well over 100 Cookies.

This Forum is unique in that every time you Log Out it gives a message something like "Cookies Cleared"; which I take to mean that they are not lodging Cookies on my computer. :thumb:

Just a thought, but to stop companies "mining" information from your computer I suggest that at the end of EVERY Internet session you clear out the Cookies lodged on your computer.

For Safari it is ...

"Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data > Remove All"​

Even on a short visit to the Internet you can collect well over 100 Cookies.

This Forum is unique in that every time you Log Out it gives a message something like "Cookies Cleared"; which I take to mean that they are not lodging Cookies on my computer. :thumb:

I use ccleaner before i shut down at the end of the day, you can save cookies you trust in the settings so you do not have to log into your favourite sites every time you boot your PC/laptop,

CCleaner - http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Probably the most popular freeware cleaner globally with over 2 billion downloads since its launch in 2003. Piriform’s CCleaner is a quick and easy to use program which makes your computer faster, more secure and more reliable. CCleaner removes cookies, temporary files and various other unused data that clogs up your operating system. This frees up valuable hard disk space allowing your system to run faster. Removing this data also protects your anonymity meaning you can browse online more securely. The built in Registry Cleaner fixes errors and broken settings to make your computer more stable. The simple, intuitive UI and rapid but powerful cleaning make CCleaner a favourite among novices and techies alike. Professional, Network, Business and Technician Editions of CCleaner are also available for serious users.

A Faster Computer

Browsing the internet your computer picks up a whole host of unnecessary files, cookies and history. The same thing happens when you run most programs on your computer – lots of temporary files and settings are saved. CCleaner removes these unused files and settings to free up valuable hard drive space, enabling your system to run faster. The default settings only focus on typical junk files and locations so you’re unlikely to lose important information unless you alter these. A Startup Cleaner also helps you to identify and remove unused programs running in the background when you start your computer. This makes the startup time shorter and puts less strain on your hard drive throughout use. You can read more about startup support here.

Less Crashes & System Errors

If you notice lots of system freezes, error messages and often experience crashes, the chances are your registry become cluttered with unused files and broken settings. CCleaner’s fully featured Registry Cleaner identifies these issues and fixes them. The registry analysis takes seconds and cleaning just a little bit longer. Prompts advise you when to save backups to avoid losing important data.

More Secure Browsing

Advertisers and websites track your behaviour online with cookies. Saved passwords, cached data and internet histories make your identity less secure. CCleaner removes these files to make your browsing experience confidential, meaning you are less likely to suffer from identity theft and/or online fraud. The military grade Drive Wiper ensures any data you want to be permanently deleted, stays deleted.

Customisable Cleaning

CCleaner Tools and Options tabs allow you to customise cleaning options to fit your needs. If you are not a savvy user, you might want to stick with the safe default settings. Advanced users can uninstall unwanted programs, select which cookies to save, customise cleaning settings and setup system monitoring.

Summary

CCleaner has earned its position at the top of the freeware cleaners offering the sort of features premium programs struggle to compete with. The clean, intuitive UI makes it one of the easiest programs to use, but don’t let its size and simplicity fool you. This is a powerful utility for improving your computers performance. Piriform’s regular update process means CCleaner is constantly improving and its popularity will continue to grow.

We had another one of these today. Just to remind everyone, they're a scam/con and you can possible get spear phished. So dont fill them in (a couple of forumites did fill in todays one)

We had another one of these today. Just to remind everyone, they're a scam/con and you can possible get spear phished. So dont fill them in (a couple of forumites did fill in todays one)

But the guy was doing research and had used a really detailed and academically rigorous website....!

But the guy was doing research and had used a really detailed and academically rigorous website....!

I never clik on these questionaires so dont know if it was a academically rigorous website. We only have their word that their a student doing research (which I hightly doubt). As I say in the OP of this thread, my test for them is to PM them and tell them to ask permission of the forum owner before being allowed to data mine the forum. The NEVER reply.

I never clik on these questionaires so dont know if it was a academically rigorous website. We only have their word that their a student doing research (which I hightly doubt). As I say in the OP of this thread, my test for them is to PM them and tell them to ask permission of the forum owner before being allowed to data mine the forum. The NEVER reply.

I think it was a survey monkey, I just hovered over it. I was being sarcastic, probably didn't come over very well, sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was a survey monkey, I just hovered over it. I was being sarcastic, probably didn't come over very well, sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humour failure on my part. I dont know anything about online surveys apart from not to fill them in, so couldnt tell whether you were being serious or not.

I once gave my email address on a survey and got blasted by spam to the point I had to ditch that email address. Not saying they are all like that, but I refuse to give my email out after that.

Back