Quaffing ale bottle swap?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't resist any longer

DSCF6338.jpg

First impression was that it poured much more lively than I was expecting, which did result in a bit of sediment getting into the glass causing some haze.
Apart from that the head was good and remained, and a lovely light colour.

Initial light aroma of grapefruit and a citrus and grapefruit taste. This taste was only feint to start with but grew more pronounced as I got further down the glass. My thought is that the taste came through more as the carbonation level dropped in the glass.

I must admit it was finished far too quickly and I wanted another one.

Improvements. Obviously only my opinion but slightly less carbonation would help to make the pour easier and allow the hop flavour to come through more. Personally I would have liked a bit more body. This is me having to nit pick a bit.

Having said the above I really enjoyed it :thumb::thumb:

Mine is in the post.

Couldn't resist any longer

First impression was that it poured much more lively than I was expecting, which did result in a bit of sediment getting into the glass causing some haze.
Apart from that the head was good and remained, and a lovely light colour.

Initial light aroma of grapefruit and a citrus and grapefruit taste. This taste was only feint to start with but grew more pronounced as I got further down the glass. My thought is that the taste came through more as the carbonation level dropped in the glass.

I must admit it was finished far too quickly and I wanted another one.

Improvements. Obviously only my opinion but slightly less carbonation would help to make the pour easier and allow the hop flavour to come through more. Personally I would have liked a bit more body. This is me having to nit pick a bit.

Having said the above I really enjoyed it :thumb::thumb:

Mine is in the post.

Oooo.. that does look lively - thanks for the kind review though DA.
I didn't use any more priming sugar than usual so I'm a bit baffled by carbonation, but I've haven't tried a bottle yet as I've only got one spare after those set aside for swaps, so I might give it a whirl tonight.
Out of the keg it was pretty clear - honest :lol:
I think your right about the body though and I'm gonna aim for a slightly higher FG next time. I think it could take a few more hops as well, but then maybe its in danger of becoming less of a quaffing beer.

I forgot I had this in the fridge so it was a welcome surprise after my 65 mile cycle.

Good carbonation, a one finger white head that stayed nearly all the way down the glass.

Slightly hazing and refreshing pint. I got more hops at the beginning of the pint unlike dads.

A lovely refreshing pint. I have been drinking a lot of hop forward beers lately and it was nice to have something more subtle. It did exactly what it said on the tin(or bottle). On the bottle, I loved the presentation. I would have happily drank that all night. Thanks once again for the swap.

Will get mine in the post in the next couple of days.
Cheers

Your bottle arrived safe & sound yesterday and I'll leave it chilling until the weekend.
I'm sure I've asked before, but what labels/printers do you use? I love the glossy look - do they come off easily?

I forgot I had this in the fridge so it was a welcome surprise after my 65 mile cycle.

Good carbonation, a one finger white head that stayed nearly all the way down the glass.

Slightly hazing and refreshing pint. I got more hops at the beginning of the pint unlike dads.

A lovely refreshing pint. I have been drinking a lot of hop forward beers lately and it was nice to have something more subtle. It did exactly what it said on the tin(or bottle). On the bottle, I loved the presentation. I would have happily drank that all night. Thanks once again for the swap.

Thanks Leon - glad you liked it.
Did you think it was a bit thin for a 4% quaffing ale?

I really sorry I didn't get round to posting yours. Will do it in the morning, I was will also include some liquid yeast as an apology

Your bottle arrived safe & sound yesterday and I'll leave it chilling until the weekend.
I'm sure I've asked before, but what labels/printers do you use? I love the glossy look - do they come off easily?

Hi Dan

The paper is ICE professional inkjet photo paper. Gloss 130gsm. (available on eBay)

This is nice and thin and is easy to apply with milk. Also the milk does not soak through to the front. They come off really easy, just soak the bottle for a couple of mins.
I use an ordinary inkjet printer.

Hi Dan

The paper is ICE professional inkjet photo paper. Gloss 130gsm. (available on eBay)

This is nice and thin and is easy to apply with milk. Also the milk does not soak through to the front. They come off really easy, just soak the bottle for a couple of mins.
I use an ordinary inkjet printer.

Thanks - I thought it was a sticky label - looks great, and at under 10p a sheet delivered from ebay I'll be ordering some up:thumb:

@dan125 the beer is safely in the fridge:thumb: I love motueka and nelson sauvin
Would be interested to know what the OG and FG were?

@dan125 the beer is safely in the fridge:thumb: I love motueka and nelson sauvin
Would be interested to know what the OG and FG were?

Hope you like the brew - it went from 1.041 to 1.010

:cheers:

:thumb:Mmm nice beer.
I really enjoyed this, it has BBQ summer beer written all over it.
Lots if citrus, grapefruity, tiny apricot coming through. Golden clear colour.
Refreshing, it went down so fast it's unfair! It was on the upper limits of carbs, but I quite like that.(You'll see with the swap going your way!)
I think like you said it could just do with a bit more caramely body.
I tend to brew 5-6% beers so not such a problem:whistle:.
The recipe looks sound, have you thought about trying a good solid 90 minute boil the **** off it boil? that could help, certainly would be a good experiment to see what difference it makes.
Quaffing Ale, Defiantly:thumb:

PM me your address and ill get you your beer in post asap.

IMG_2397[855].JPG

Latest posts

Back