Quaffing ale bottle swap?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed your brew today @Dads_Ale
It was malty and a bit fruity and very drinkable.
A very well balanced brew, lightly carbed, spot on - has inspired me to add a bitter to the schedule (which I've not done for ages).
Thanks for the swap :hat::thumb:

Enjoyed your brew today @Dads_Ale
It was malty and a bit fruity and very drinkable.
A very well balanced brew, lightly carbed, spot on - has inspired me to add a bitter to the schedule (which I've not done for ages).
Thanks for the swap :hat::thumb:

Glad you enjoyed it Dan.

I keep throwing in a bitter every few brews to see if I can get one that really stands out. I deliberately went for a more malty and dark beer with this one and was pretty happy with how it turned out.

Just popped a Californian common in the post, Checked my records and it 5.7% (I thought it was 5.2 or .4:oops:)
Funny thing, the lady in my local post office recognised the address as her dad works there, giving tours or something?!

Just popped a Californian common in the post, Checked my records and it 5.7% (I thought it was 5.2 or .4:oops:)
Funny thing, the lady in my local post office recognised the address as her dad works there, giving tours or something?!

Thanks JFB - 5.7% is Ok with me :thumb:

The Historic Dockyard is an odd place as its a tourist attraction (and expensive to get into) with popular events also going on through the year, but its also home to dozens of busnesses, & houses, as well as being a location for loads of films & TV shows, and increasingly home to lots of Uni of Kent depts. I don't think itd stay afloat (excuse the pun) with just the visitor income.

I'm well impressed with the ICE photo paper @Dads_Ale having labeled a few bottles of the bigger brother of the quaffing ale last night - thanks for letting me know about it.
I've noticed that solid dark colours can wipe off the paper though if you're not careful, or is this just me and my dodgy old inkjet printer?

I'm well impressed with the ICE photo paper @Dads_Ale having labeled a few bottles of the bigger brother of the quaffing ale last night - thanks for letting me know about it.
I've noticed that solid dark colours can wipe off the paper though if you're not careful, or is this just me and my dodgy old inkjet printer?

I haven't noticed the solid colours wiping off. I am using original Epson ink and usually leave about 10 mins drying time before applying.

I haven't noticed the solid colours wiping off. I am using original Epson ink and usually leave about 10 mins drying time before applying.

I'm using original HP ink, but when I tried printing a label design that was mainly solid black it just wiped clean off like a coating of fine powder even after several hours drying - no bother though coz I've redesigned it and much prefer the new version - lighter colours seem fine.
The paper goes on really well though and looks great.
Sounds like I should switch to Epson the next time the printer packs up, as they seem to like to do every 12-18 months

I'm using original HP ink, but when I tried printing a label design that was mainly solid black it just wiped clean off like a coating of fine powder even after several hours drying - no bother though coz I've redesigned it and much prefer the new version - lighter colours seem fine.
The paper goes on really well though and looks great.
Sounds like I should switch to Epson the next time the printer packs up, as they seem to like to do every 12-18 months

I had a HP printer previously and noticed it was very finicky about the make of paper. If it wasn't HP paper then it either went all blotchy or didn't dry. The Epson printer seems much more forgiving, although the black ink does clog up if you don't print something each week.

your bottle is tucked up in the fridge :thumb:

Also noticed mine was a little stronger than I remembered

And very tasty with it :thumb:
A great clear, quenching, bitter brew. There was a mild fruitiness coming through and it was dangerously drinkable.
This wouldn't have been out of place at the beer festival I went to at the weekend.
Did you use the Heathery Heights yeast in this one?
Thanks for the swap!
:cheers:

Last edited:
And very tasty with it :thumb:
A great clear, quenching, bitter brew. There was a mild fruitiness coming through and it was dangerously drinkable.
This wouldn't have been out of place at the beer festival I went to at the weekend.
Did you use the Heathery Heights yeast in this one?
Thanks for the swap!
:cheers:

Only now being this, been away for a few days.

Thanks for the kind words. It's certainly one that's getting better with age.

Yes I used the yeast with this brew. A decent yeast for English beers

Hi, just for information, how do you package and post a full bottle of homebrew?

Hi, just for information, how do you package and post a full bottle of homebrew?

I just wrap mine in bubble wrap and fit tightly in cardboard with loads of parcel tape.
There's always plenty of both items lying around at work to forage for free.

Latest posts

Back