Quaffing ale bottle swap?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for the good review Dan! Glad you enjoyed it. It's always a bit nerve wracking when someone else tries your brew, especially someone who is also a brewer.

I don't have my notes handy, so don't know if, or by how much I missed the FG. It is meant to be quite dry, so I probably fell slightly short of target.

Tropical IPA (20ltr)

Grain bill -
4.5kg Maris Otter
0.3kg Munich malt
0.2kg Oats
0.5kg sugar

Hops -
20g Citra - 15mins
20g Citra - 10mins
30g Citra - 5 mins
30g Citra - aroma steep
100g Mosaic - aroma steep
50g Amarillo - dry hop

Yeast -
WLP001

OG: 1.058-1.062
FG: 1.006-1.010

75min mash @ 64.5°
75min boil

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Is that the James Morton recipe?

It certainly is. Are you thinking of giving it a go?

It certainly is. Are you thinking of giving it a go?

Not that one particularly, looks similar to a NEIPA which isn't really my cup of tea, I tend to like a lot of bitterness. It does look like a good recipe for the style tho. I really like the look of the mosquito amber ale, the citra triple burst and the extra IPA.

Not that one particularly, looks similar to a NEIPA which isn't really my cup of tea, I tend to like a lot of bitterness. It does look like a good recipe for the style tho. I really like the look of the mosquito amber ale, the citra triple burst and the extra IPA.
The Extra IPA was great. A little malty. Probably my best ever brew. Not done the Citra burst triple IPA yet.

I'm doing the Mosquito Amber Ale in three weeks time. And the Oatmeal Stout this Sunday. I've had really good success since following James recipes

Latest posts

Back