Blackberry and Elderberry Country Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8bitchicken

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]This is my first experiment with country wine, a 2 gallon batch of Blackberry and Elderberry, recipe as follows:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4lb Elderberries[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4lb Blackberries[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4lb brewers sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 oranges[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 lemons[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 teaspoons wine yeast[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All the fruit was from my garden and the hedge leading up to my house, I mashed up the fruit with 6 pints of water and some pectolase and left it for 2 days.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At the end of the second day I mixed the sugar and water with the zest and juice of the lemons and orange. This was mixed with the strained and pressed fruit and the yeast was added. After 12 days of bubbling away in a fermenting bucket I’ve transferred the wine to 2 demijohns.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is my first attempt at making wine so I’m not sure on the results or how long I should leave before bottling (from the limited research I’ve done I think I’m looking at 6 months....)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any advice is more than welcome and fingers crossed for the results![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
21369467_106306166777252_4913554896270287906_n.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

6 months sounds fair, but it all depends one so many factors. With white wines I let the clarity be the deciding factor, with reds it not so easy as they are generally opaque. I do like that cooker as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back