you know you've a brewing obsession when...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
you go to a retail park to buy a couple pairs of tidy trousers for work and come back with 2 x 1.5kg cans of muntons pilsner for a fiver each :lol:

my local lakeland were selling off their HB stuff cheap. I think they're going to jack it in as a wilkos is opening up closeby to them.

what comfirms your brewing obsession?

p.s. I did manage to get trousers but spend the afternoon carrying 3kg of lme around :-?

SWMBO announces she is doing the online shop and i go straight to their website to check if there are any offers on red grape juice and apple juice (my main two ingredients) :lol:

SWMBO announces she is doing the online shop and i go straight to their website to check if there are any offers on red grape juice and apple juice.(my main two ingredients) :lol:
that is dedication of the highest order...TOP WORK:whistle:

you go to a retail park to buy a couple pairs of tidy trousers for work and come back with 2 x 1.5kg cans of muntons pilsner for a fiver each :lol:

my local lakeland were selling off their HB stuff cheap. I think they're going to jack it in as a wilkos is opening up closeby to them.

what comfirms your brewing obsession?

p.s. I did manage to get trousers but spend the afternoon carrying 3kg of lme around :-?
Lakeland are not going to stock beer or wine stuff anymore.Most of it all gone now but grabbed some bargains yesterday:thumb::thumb:

I admire the sterling determination,quick thinking and all round resolve shown thus far...but there is one underlying question...what are TIDY TROUSERS?

cheers

Clint

Pictures please!

When your girlfriend asks rhetorically " You're reading about brewing aren't you?".

Oh and when you're looking at buying a house and one of the criteria is that it has a shed large enough for brewing :whistle:

I still wish I'd moved to a different house a few miles away, but we didnt because my wife didnt like that one. It had a huge double garage as the ground floor for my gym, brewing equipment and a games room. And it overlooked Newhaven harbour , although the views directly out to sea were blocked by next door which was sat further forward. And there is a decent pub about 100m away.

I still wish I'd moved to a different house a few miles away, but we didnt because my wife didnt like that one. It had a huge double garage as the ground floor for my gym, brewing equipment and a games room. And it overlooked Newhaven harbour , although the views directly out to sea were blocked by next door which was sat further forward. And there is a decent pub about 100m away.

I feel for you. I try to sell it to her this way;

If I have a room for it then I don't have to clutter up the house with it. Otherwise there are going to be brew fridges, pots and tables taking up space in the house :lol:

I feel for you. I try to sell it to her this way;

If I have a room for it then I don't have to clutter up the house with it. Otherwise there are going to be brew fridges, pots and tables taking up space in the house :lol:

To be fair, we're probably in a bigger place now. A bungalow with a big garden and an orchard. Apparently 3 fruit trees is the requirement to call it an orchard and I have 4 apple (for cider), 1 plum, 2 cherry and have just added a 2nd pear tree. Well I say added, what I did was cut the one I had which was getting too tall in half and plant the top half I had cut off. Look to be taking with the first signs of life showing. Im probably better off here in reality, its just the double garage I want. My single one is a bit too packed with my various gym equipment, treadmill, brewing stuff, fishing stuff, project motorbike, bikes, tools, etc. I will be getting some extra sheds built this year though.

But I think the real sign of addiction to brewing for me is the amount of time I spend on here.

To be fair, we're probably in a bigger place now. A bungalow with a big garden and an orchard. Apparently 3 fruit trees is the requirement to call it an orchard and I have 4 apple (for cider), 1 plum, 2 cherry and have just added a 2nd pear tree. Well I say added, what I did was cut the one I had which was getting too tall in half and plant the top half I had cut off. Look to be taking with the first signs of life showing. Im probably better off here in reality, its just the double garage I want. My single one is a bit too packed with my various gym equipment, treadmill, brewing stuff, fishing stuff, project motorbike, bikes, tools, etc. I will be getting some extra sheds built this year though.

But I think the real sign of addiction to brewing for me is the amount of time I spend on here.

Sounds amazing, I'll be making a hop garden. Though I can only dream on such a property at the moment.

Hmmmm I actually only own one pair of tidy trousers...and they're with a suit! The rest are jeans or combat/camo for outdoors stuff..I suppose if I don't need tidy trousers no point in getting any!
Wife's read this and said I need to smarten myself up a bit. ...no way am I putting creases down the front of my Levis!

Cheers

Clint

When I realise that people are glazing over round the bbq as I talk passionately about how to steal yeast from the bottom of bottles.... Laughing aloud at the thought like I'm 8 years old!!!!

Back