Boris Johnson to fly to battered Caribbean

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would have thought that was the last thing they would have wanted.

UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson is to fly to the Caribbean later in the wake of the devastating Hurricane Irma.
The BBC understands he will visit the British Virgin Islands and Anguilla, both British overseas territories which were badly damaged by the storm.
Mr Johnson will see the relief effort at first hand, visit affected communities and meet local governors.
His trip follows criticism from people living in the Caribbean and senior MPs that the UK's response was too slow.
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has said the British government "should have acted much faster", and those with relatives in hurricane-hit areas have said they have not been supported.
Read more - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41236692

"Boris Johnson to fly to battered Caribbean"

Just when they thought troubles were dying down.... Locals cannot get a break

Just what they need right now, or better yet why don't they set up a summit with Trump on Richard Branson's Battered island and they can all compare daft tweets!!

Like him or not he's the Foreign Secretary, and this is part of his job. If he hadn't have gone there would have been criticism, just like that directed at the government the other day when they were accused of not responding quick enough. Why not look for the positives? At least the poor unfortunate people who have had to endure this catastrophe have got some recognition, and something good will come out of it. But I then suppose there will always be those who say that whatever that is just isn't enough :doh:

His trip follows criticism from people living in the Caribbean and senior MPs that the UK's response was too slow.

Would he have gone if he had not been criticised?

I suspect he would already have gone but they needed his vote in Parliament last night for the EU Withdrawal Bill

I must admit to feeling more than a flicker of anger at representatives of the BVI moaning about Britain not doing enough to help in the aftermath of Irma.
This is the richest territory in the Caribbean, with income from banking and tourism. Why have they made no provision for themselves in preparation for a possible hurricane?

This is the richest territory in the Caribbean, with income from banking and tourism. Why have they made no provision for themselves in preparation for a possible hurricane?

I wouldn't give 'em a cracker. No-one comes to our aid even after 3 months of 'mainly dry with sunny spells' have driven folk insane with boredom.

I don't get why these pollies have to go to these places. Surely they just get in the way.

Back when I lived in England I carried a card to make sure they wouldn't visit me.

2Q==
vifl6w.jpg

2Q==

2Q==

Back