Double bagger !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
I’m doing BIAB in a Peco for my brew days.
Just got myself a second bag.
When boiling, any reason I couldn’t whack the 2nd bag in the boil for Catching all the hops ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No reason at all, at least that I can think of. Your hops will have plenty of room. Just keep an eye on it as you don't want it to catch on the element.

you may want to weigh down the bag or recirculate the boil back into it, otherwise it may just float atop the boil and not steep the hops in the boiling liquor.. a few SS teaspoons should pull the bag down into the boil ok ;) i went for the pump/re-circulation option..
10369580565_256f9e8649.jpg

I’m doing BIAB in a Peco for my brew days.
Just got myself a second bag.
When boiling, any reason I couldn’t whack the 2nd bag in the boil for Catching all the hops ?

I do exactly that with exactly that equipment. It works well. Probably the best kettle hopping technique I've tried yet. I weigh the bag down with a shot glass. The hops distribute well and disappear from view into the wort almost immediately.

Don't forget like I did to put the Irish moss outside the bag not inside. When it's time to chill you can just move the bag to the side and insert the chiller next to it.

Latest posts

Back