Twin Corny Shopping List

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottM

Landlord.
Reaction score
Having only joined this forum last week I've found myself wanting to jump feet first right into the art of homebrewing lol. In the space of a week I have gone from off the shelf kits to looking to make my own extract recipe and over the last couple of days I've been looking more and more towards a keg setup.

I'm now looking into pricing up everything that I will need to get the job done so I'm putting together a list of all the equipment that i need. Could you have a look over it and see if I'm missing anything?

2 19l Cornelius kegs & valves(one for lager, one for cider)
1 CO2 Bottle & regulator
2 Flow Control Valves (I understand that I'll need these due to the higher pressure for lager/cider?)
2 Taps (one for each brew)
1 twin line cooler (looking at the Maxi 210?)
Various lengths of 3/8" line and fittings

This will be small scale in my kitchen for the moment but I'm thinking that I could do it on a slightly larger scale if/when we move into a bigger house by building a small bar area.

Is this a good idea or am I biting off more than I can chew? :D

Bugger, I've heard of jumping in at the deep end...you seem to have a good idea of what you want. You will find as you put everything together that you may need a thingey for this or a whatsit for that....but you have the basics on your list.

This will be small scale in my kitchen for the moment
Does the missis know?? :rofl: :rofl:

Dieseljockey said:
Bugger, I've heard of jumping in at the deep end...you seem to have a good idea of what you want. You will find as you put everything together that you may need a thingey for this or a whatsit for that....but you have the basics on your list.

This will be small scale in my kitchen for the moment
Does the missis know?? :rofl: :rofl:

She doesn't know yet but I'm hopeful that I can use the "shitehole" in the corner, you know that area full of buckets, bags and dross that's collected over the years lol. It's a decent sized corner and a couple of taps is all that would really be seen so I think I could persuade her. I'm thinking of breaking the news after copious amounts of homebrew cider.

Flawless plan eh?

BrotherMalice said:
I think Norm (link in the links section at the top of the page) should be able to help you with that lot mate, I have discussed a few things with him and he was very helpfull :)

I fired Norm an email yesterday, just waiting on him to get back to me. It's not something I'm going to be doing right now, I want to make some wine... some turbo cider and an extract lager to see if I can actually make something work kegging etc and if I can I'll take it from there.

If all goes to plan I'll need to be careful as the ever expanding waistline will be shot into overdrive :D

Back