Whim Ales Flower Power recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave8576

Reaction score
Hi folks
Does anyone out there have a recipe or know the hops line up for The Hartington brewery 'Whim Ales' Flower Power?

Thank you
Dave

Bought a firkin of Whim's Flower Power this Xmas and was told that they use two hops viz. Cascade and Mt. Hood. Don't know the proportions, of course.

I had guessed that Cascade was in there but I had never heard of Mt. Hood before. Apparently they are both US hops with Cascade giving the citrus flavour and Mt.Hood more herbal notes.

But whatever the recipe this beer is one of the finest I have ever drunk.................... Mike

As I always advise forumites who ask for a reciepe for a commercial ale. Fire off an email to the brewery and ask them what the reciepe is. You'd be surprised how open many breweries are, especially the smaller micros

Cheers folks

I can get & have used mount hood hops before.

The Whim Ales brewery is only 15mins or so from my house so might call round & ask.

Will be interesting to hear the outcome of this, will have to make a visit to the Wilkes Head in Leek to refresh the memory. Whim Cascade is also a great beer.

Nope.
Too busy with other beers to be honest. I will though...eventually...go there!
Been doing sour beers & different dry hopping techniques over the summer.
Sorry, I will post if I get a recipe.
Thanks

Back