(I drink) cheap beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnusTS

Reaction score
Disaster!! Due to a gap in my brewing production line about 6 weeks ago, I have run out of homebrew. :shock:

I'm going to have to go out to a shop and buy some of that commercial stuff. A sad day indeed for someone as skint/tight as me.

So, anyone got any recommendations for cheap beer? I like the American style craft ales, but i don't like the prices so much.

Thanks!

It truly is a disaster when we are caught out and / or events conspire such that we run out of homebrew. I hate having to buy other people's beer but haven't been reduced to plumb such depths for a long time now. Anyways I would hazard a guess that Foster's is fairly cheap, going by the number of folk I see at the Asda checkout with a case tucked under one arm and a pizza in the other? Maybe that's worth a try.

Thankfully this won't happen to me, unless I accidentally forget to brew for 12 months. #readyforarmaggedon

At a supermarket Goose Island is about £1.89 which is pretty cheap for craft beer. Even though it's now made by some multi-conglomerate in the UK and not Chicago it's still a pretty awesome beer.

Tesco is doing 12 cans of ghost ship for �£10. It's my go to beer.

This Ghost Ship is lovely. Thanks for the tip.

I didn't get the the 12 cans for £10 deal at my Tesco.
I got 2x 4 cans for £9, which is still not too bad. £2.55 per litre.

Now, how would I go about brewing something like this?

Thankfully this won't happen to me, unless I accidentally forget to brew for 12 months. #readyforarmaggedon

LOL - But, would you really want to be alive post apocalypse?

I see each brew day as making a firm commitment to being alive to drink the beer and see the future on roughly those terms.

Approximately the same time scales as the politicians whom we duly elect, come hell or high water....

Neither was particularly wonderful, but Banks's bitter is 89p a bottle in Asda at the moment, and Wychwood Firecatcher is £1.02.

I use Hatherwood from Lidi when I run out, however I have a kit of Cider which says something like 48 hours to make, in fact forgot all about it until this post, I found little tongue is cheek as to 48 hours, it continues to ferment well after that point, however it get drier and drier as it goes, so better not to leave it too long unless you really like a dry cider.

I know its a bit late but I bought one of the mystery cases off beerhawk. Nice to have a random assortment of beer to give some inspiration!

I bought one of them once, pumpkin ale mustn't have been a good seller at the time. :lol: Mind you, it did include a bottle of Stone Ruin 10 so it was worth every penny.

Latest posts

Back