Klarstein Beer Dispensers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks, ordered some 1.5mm and 2mm heat shrink tubing. If I mess it up, hopefully I can just cut it down and reassemble as before so I can return it if needed. Don't have a heat gun, but hopefully a hairdryer may work.

Ok thanks, ordered some 1.5mm and 2mm heat shrink tubing. If I mess it up, hopefully I can just cut it down and reassemble as before so I can return it if needed. Don't have a heat gun, but hopefully a hairdryer may work.
Is that the size before after it has shrunk? Either way it sounds a bit small to me. I would have thought you need 3 or 4mm after shrinking. Did you measure the tube?

Is that the size before after it has shrunk? Either way it sounds a bit small to me. I would have thought you need 3 or 4mm after shrinking. Did you measure the tube?
The sizes I mentioned were before being shrunk. I measured the tube (roughly) and it was just over 1mm as far as I could tell. Probably should have ordered a mix!

I decided not to be tight, and just ordered a box of different sizes. Will give it a go this weekend before adding a new keg

It's a while since I did it, but I think I just simply pulled the pipe off, slipped a bit of the heat shrink over, reassembled it and pushed the heat shrink over the connection and used a heat gun to shrink it in place.
Do you remember if the pipe came off relatively easily? I couldn't pull it off with pliers and didn't want to damage it as it seemed very much fixed in place. I guess I could cut it and hope there's enough length left to push back into place.

Do you remember if the pipe came off relatively easily? I couldn't pull it off with pliers and didn't want to damage it as it seemed very much fixed in place. I guess I could cut it and hope there's enough length left to push back into place.
It certainly wasn't difficult to remove. That's why I suspected it being the source of the leak.

It certainly wasn't difficult to remove. That's why I suspected it being the source of the leak.
Ah, thanks. May not be the source of issues for me then. Strange. I've put in a new bulb, without a keg, just to see how long it lasts. Very securely tightened it. Fingers crossed

A quick update - didn't take anything apart in the end. Tightened some of the twist connections on the keg "diptube" where gas enters and this seems to have done the job. Gas lasted a couple of weeks and at least a whole keg (hopefully some left over).

I had put water into the cooling chamber as per the instructions from Klarstein, but as I expected this has rusted the keg a little at the seams. Do people add water usually? I assume it should manage to hold 12c without? Also, what are people using to clean the line? It says to just use water, but instinctively thus doesn't feel like enough. A little sodium percarbonate water should be ok in the dispense line tubing? Thanks

Back