Apple and mango TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigeck

Tight Ass Jock
Reaction score
I saw this in Lidl and thought I'd give it a go. It's called 100% Naturals and claims no additives. To say it's cloudy is an understatement.

4Ltr Apple & Mango juice.
Pecto, nutrient and yeast.

That's it, no added sugar. Soooo not like me!

SG 1.050
Expecting to finish about 7.8%.

I don't want to dilute the flavour just to bring the alcohol content down so will see what this batch turns out like before tweaking for the future.

I'll top up with more juice after I see what kind of frothing I get.

Ah yeh, i saw that in Lidl tonight too... the cloudy but put me off

They've repackaged the 1.5L cartons too.. and down to 85p too

Took full advantage of that [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wow, pecto has gone to work on this fast. The DJ looks like it is filled with pineapple chunks in juice.

Mango will be pulpy as a very pulpy thing, reckon you might lose a bit of volume to the cheese at the bottom of the DJ once it sinks ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah. I topped up a bit last night. It looks like I am pickling a brain in the DJ. I think I will be lucky to get 4 ltr, possibly 3.5

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got this bottled up now for secondary fermentation.

FG was 0.995 giving about 7%.

Racked off the sediment I ended up with only 3.8ltr. Added only 30 sugar for the secondary, possibly a bit too little but we will see.

Taste wise this has been very disappointing. It has lost the very strong mango taste, and if I didn't know better I would say it just tastes of apple. Not very sharp but quite dry.

I'll drink the lot but would not recommend this recipe. A great pity as the juice was delicious prior to fermentation.

I feel your pain mate ! I've made a few brews (TC and WOW) with pulpy stuff like mango, peach, orange (yuk) and the outcome's never really been worth the loss of volume cos of the cheesy sediment :(

Latest posts

Back