Google Maps.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have been trying to use google maps on my PC and it appears to be broken, trying to zoom in/out is very slow (if it works at all) and a lot of the tools seem to be missing, is anyone else having problems?

Sorted - turned on hardware acceleration in settings and its working fine.

No problems with IE11 but the distances being in "old money" after almost 45 years of metrication is a proper PITA when I use it at work.

If you read threads about poor chrome performance the first thing usually suggested is turn hardware acceleration off which i must have done in the past it has been working fine so i don't understand why turning HA back on has fixed a problem that was not a problem for years.

Seems like every time they update something else stops working. I use Firefox but apparently they are censoring "fake news" so looking at other options. I have an old pc and running maps on it is painful.

If I use Google Maps (Satellite mode) using Edge, It mirrors the map diagonally, looks very weird. Works ok in Explorer though.

Latest posts

Back