Thermometer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B1gBill

Reaction score
Looking to get a thermometer for checking the temp of my water
Only doing small batch stove top at the minute
So have seen a feel on eBay
One a stick the other a one has a wired probe
Which do you recommend
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'd bought a cheapo digital food thermometer. I'm not sure it was a great idea. It takes a while to come to an accurate temperature. I've heard the thermapens are much faster, but they look really pricey. I might get something I can float in my wort.

I have three glass ones,one from Lakeland and two from China,they do for me but i only do small batches.
Sometimes nick the wifes jam thermometer:lol:

thermapens made by ETI here in the UK are brilliant, super fast to settle on a reading, BIG display so even with old eyes the reading is clear, but a refurbished model will set you back £30 and new they can cost upto £50

However if you google "eti thermopen manual pdf" and check pages 16-19 it details the procedure to perform a 2 point calibration test that will verify any thermometer you have so you can use it with confidence, (if it passes the test hehe)
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...15.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHiiFnyb7aNe4XSLudHqJI6DiCtKQ

Cheers for the info
Never had notifications turned on
Thought I was Billy no mates [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I used £9.99 digital thermometers for years and lost about 3 to the damp. I could only get hold of a traditional glass and was soon a convert. I just use a loop of electrical wire to hold it in place, tied to a handle on my stockpot. I'll get another for security. Bound to drop it sooner or later.

Latest posts

Back