Absinthe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungJames

Reaction score
Hiya. I've been given a bottle of touristy Absinthe at 55%. Can anyone think of a complimentary fruit or flavour to soak in it, similar to how you'd make a Sloe Gin

Hiya. I've been given a bottle of touristy Absinthe at 55%. Can anyone think of a complimentary fruit or flavour to soak in it, similar to how you'd make a Sloe Gin

Under no circumstances are you to drink the Absinthe. You must immediately package it up and send it to me for safe disposal :whistle:

There are certainly plenty of recipes for Absinthe cocktails, which may be a good way to use it.

http://www.wormwoodsociety.org/index.php/cocktails?start=18

FatCol

id gladly swap u a bottle of gin for the absinthe so u can male your sloe gin ;)
id even supply the sloes if it were that time of year..

gin - YUK!!, sloe gin - hmmm so-so to not bad, absinthe - YUM!!

soak a crumbly sugar cube in the absinthe for a second or 2 and suspend over a shot in a whiskey glass, light the sugar and when it starts to caramalise (go brownish) but before it carbonises (goes black) dowse it with some mineral water upto 1.5 - 2 x the volume of spirit in the glass and stir it in with the remaining sugar on the spoon ;) and sip when lousched? (gone milky green)

dont worry u wont trip.. few years (ok a lot of years) ago i sank most of a bottle as an experiment..

Latest posts

Back