Cornelius O-Rings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arturobandini

Regular.
Reaction score
Norm has some o-rings online at the minute for £3.50 a go all in with postage which on the face of it seems a pretty good deal but does anyone know anywhere we can get them cheaper as this still seems expensive for a few pence of rubber.

Hop and Grape sell them at £2.99 + P+P so £3.50 is about right for here in the U.K.

You can buy them in from Morebeer a lot cheaper but it's really only worth while if you're buying in bulk or are ordering other items, due to the P+P cost.

Candirect also sell them cheaper, they also sell the super soft red o-rings which are great for sealing kegs at low pressure. P+P may be an issue, as may the **** exchange rate at the moment.

You can buy the o-rings in bulk in the u.k as non specific o-rings, just a case of sourcing them.

I quite like the idea of the soft red ones, would it be worth combining an order to get it shipped to the UK then its only a few pence to post it around the country?

would it be worth combining an order to get it shipped to the UK then its only a few pence to post it around the country?

I'm sure they'd sell.
If you can track them down in England they're even cheaper in bulk...I have a website somewhere, I'll try and dig it out :hmm:

I was just thinking if anyone knew that hardware/plumbing shops sell them as generic washers/rings as they are really only worth about 40p all in.

The real only concern is if they are food safe. If your not bothered about that, have a look on e-bay ie,like this

It will probably be easy to get post and dip tube size, but lid will be quite hard I would imagine. Maybe a vacumm cleaner o-ring would fit. Good hunting :thumb:

I would've assumed if it was domestic cold water feed safe then it would be food safe I think. Thanks for the links Vossy I'll have an explore and see if I can find anything more cost effective.

Latest posts

Back