anyone used worcester hop shop ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used them a few times, mainly for sacks of grain. Last order was placed one day, and received the next, and an order I placed a couple of years ago got delayed a couple of days - no reason given. I still use them - as you say, good prices.

Cheers,
Chris

I do. The hops are a great price and always been in good nick too. And the service has been good. It's great value.

Always been good service and good quality when I've used them. I tend to use the malt miller now tho, since the malt is from a better supplier (WHS were selling Bairds and my efficiency went down alarmingly)
I often bought a 25kg sack at same time as hops to offset the delivery charges.

WHS great price and well sealed foil packed hops
usually Crisp malt which I have found to be good MO/Lager/Wheat
Not the widest range, what they have has been very good for me.
:thumb:

Cant fault the service, but i wasnt impressed with the 2 all grain kits i bought, one a TTL wasnt as nice as the graham wheeler TTL recipe. And both needed an extra 8 weeks in the keg before matured to my taste.

but the transaction went fine and the stuff was delivered to a neighbour when they arrived and i was out.

Their kits state that they are based on the Graham Wheeler recipe.

I don't know. The stuff I've had from them has been good. Beer can be below par for all sorts of reasons. Fermentation is often key, I think. Yeast strain and condition, sanitation and temperature. Maybe they use approximations of the malts required sometimes if they are out of stock. I got a kg of caramalt from them once which seemed too dark. I think they maybe labelled it wrong. I have been very happy with them though, good quality, price and service.

I've used them for about five years and always get my 25kg sacks and hops from them. Good service and cheap prices

changed planned beer recipe at last minute needed EKG
ordered 4 bags of hops Fri, arrived sat by the postie
£11.50 inc delivery
top shop
:party:

I've used them 3 times so far, and can't see me using anyone else! They are great! Done 4 of the all grain kits and 3 have been great and tasted amazing, the last one I think I made a mistake somewhere....

Got 2 more kits in the garage waiting to go. Postage isn't even that high if you order 2 or more kits, or buddy up with some friends, last time we order 9 kits.

Latest posts

Back