Triple Bridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManseMasher

Regular.
Reaction score
Well here it is. A tad green (but what do you expect after only 4 days in the bottle!). Carbing up nicely, and clearing well. Gorgeous taste already, and the hop smack is definitely there! It will only improve, but promises to be very nice indeed.

20160127_203202.jpg

Two weeks warm conditioning, just dropped temp to 11°c. Had a bottle (actually just cracked the second). Wow. Possibly the nicest brew I have done to date. My first taste on day 4 was very bitter - thought I might have over done it with the Wolf. It has mellowed nicely, and right now I'm getting a lovely strong hop whiff, and the taste is divine. A bit of citrus, a cracking aftertaste of grapefruity type stuff and just a background hint from the malt. Really pleased with this one.

Got some friends coming around tonight (lager drinkers). Should be an interesting experiment....

Just had another. The bitterness has started to mellow, and the hop aroma is amazing. Strawberries and a hint of citrus is what is coming through. A local head brewer had some the other night and really liked the strawberryness of it. Think I might of overdone it a tad on the bittering front (Styrian Wolf) but I will know for future brews. Hasn't cleared overly well (not that that bothers me), but perhaps partly because it's hop pellets?

Back