Finished Shiney mashtun

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damfoose

Reaction score
Managed to finish my mash tun today took plenty of drilling of holes for the false bottom , Only problem in I am going to carry on working on the shiney false bottom over the next few months due to the amount of holes that need drilling in it or I may do a cut leaving a cross section accross it and fit some precut perforated sheet steel.

Any hoooo here are the pics.

The finished tun.
30032009008.jpg

Tun Showing the tap.
30032009010.jpg

Close up of the drilled plate, That took a few hours of sitting on my ass and drilling not something I would really like to repeat.
30032009009.jpg

Their is no gap at the bottom of the plate at all so nothing should get underneath, The plate is also being held down by the copper pipe which was a royal pain to bend just right.

great mash tuns them, mine looses 1c at most over 90 minutes.

Is that a stainless tray you have drilled? :eek: my plastic one was bad enough.

great job :cheers: :thumb:

Looking good Damfoose.

I think that's a sleek sophisticated black plastic plate Prolix. Looks good whatever it is.

prolix said:
great mash tuns them, mine looses 1c at most over 90 minutes.

Is that a stainless tray you have drilled? :eek: my plastic one was bad enough.

great job :cheers: :thumb:

It is a plastic one black on the back witha black rim on the front and then white £2 from asda I am going to be working on the SS tray I have over the next few months due to it being more of a pain to drill. Took a good 2 to 3 hours to drill the plate as it is.

Thanks all for the votes of confidnce I shall be giving it a work out this weekend :thumb:

Great work D, that looks the dogs danglies - now get a brew on :clap: :clap:

bramswell said:
what size holes did you go for?

I went for 2mm which seemed to be the what was advised but yours look a little smaller than mine

I bought 30 1.5mm cobalt drill bits from flebay a while ago for drilling a SS tray that will be finished some time, But as I wanted to get a few brews done I though rather than rushing the job I would have the luxury of spending some time drilling the SS tray so the plate was used as a stand in this still chewed up 4 bits of should I say dulled them :eek: which was a supprise..

Latest posts

Back