Brewferm Tarwebier Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they say that to clear the beer, to the minimum of dead yeast cells, that will provoque a big sediment in the bottle!!!! but because its a wheat beer will never be completly clear!!!

i did this kit too, and i didnt let it at secondary mora than 3 days, and regret, bec ause has a lot o of sediement...but, the taste after 6 weeks in the bottle is wonderfull :thumb:

at the foto the beer is one month older, now is much more clear and improved a lot the taste!!!
:party:

:cheers:

Thanks rui i think i will put it into a clean vat for a couple of weeks then prime and bottle, did you use spray malt as yours looks quite dark?
Mine look a bit lighter at the minute but not as light as yours monte, what did you use?

i think is darker because should stayed more time at the secondary before bottle!! has a lot of sediment!! after a week in a warmer palce (19ºC), is since then at 3 degrees celsius, good carbonation and starts to be clear ;)

i added 750g of beer enhancer!!!
was my first brew, but i have to say it, tastes realy nice, my family loves it, specialy my girl :thumb:

Thanks rui i believe the enhancer contains malt in the maltodextrin (?) so i guess thats why. If you batch prime on the secondary vat how do you incorporate it without stirring the yeast back up? Not sure i get it!

Rivvo said:
Thanks rui i think i will put it into a clean vat for a couple of weeks then prime and bottle, did you use spray malt as yours looks quite dark?
Mine look a bit lighter at the minute but not as light as yours monte, what did you use?

I used white candy sugar in mine that's probably why it is a lot lighter, this was my first attempt at this kit so i did it to the instructions.
I also gave it a good 2 weeks in a secondary and there is very little sediment in the bottle. :hat:

Monte Cristo said:
Rivvo said:

I used white candy sugar in mine that's probably why it is a lot lighter, this was my first attempt at this kit so i did it to the instructions.
I also gave it a good 2 weeks in a secondary and there is very little sediment in the bottle. :hat:

Thanks monte, what is white candy sugar please?

sorry, i wasnt explain me well, when i brew it i added 750g beer enhancer.

for carbonation i added 150g of sugar!!!

:thumb:

cheers, when you batch primed from secondary how did you dissolve the sugar without stirring it in and thereby disturbing the dead yeast?

Rivvo said:
cheers, when you batch primed from secondary how did you dissolve the sugar without stirring it in and thereby disturbing the dead yeast?

I used candy sugar when i made up the kit then after fermentation i transferred to a second FV and left it for 2 weeks. I then used 150g of granulated sugar to batch prime which i dissolved in a little boiled water and put that in my bottling bucket (FV1) then syphoned the beer into FV1 leaving behind the secondary sediment in FV2, from there on i bottled the beer.

Hope that makes sense!

:hat:

Yep, thanks monte, as an aside i reckon i lost a litre from primary to secondary because of all the yeast, did you lose much?

I've done this kit twice now, the second time i dry hopped with cascade to see what happened and after what i thought was a disaster it turned out really well. Thinking about doing it again this time swapping the yeast for a bavarian wheat yeast to see what i get! :hat:

The more you do the better you get at it, so don't worry about your first attempt!

Monte, using the yeast wb06, do you think will change a lot the final result??? i am realy happy with my brew, and after six weeks, i have to say it, i love it ( i love wheat beers), and i m thinking to do it again using Wheat LME and the yeast wb06. i will brew it in january/february, that its ready for summer ;)

cheers

Got this on last night.

Boiled up the extract with a 454g jar of smooth orange marmalade, 3 litres of water and 32g of Hallertau hops for 30 mins. Put 20g crushed coriander in 5 mins before the end.

Put it in the FV and then added 500g wheat spraymalt and 200g golden syrup. Filled to 15 litres, left outside to cool for a few hours (sealed up!) but couldn't wait any longer so pitched the yeast at 25 degC. OG was 1.054. If it does get down to 1.010 it will be about 5.5%

Let's see how it goes...

rui said:
Monte, using the yeast wb06, do you think will change a lot the final result??? i am realy happy with my brew, and after six weeks, i have to say it, i love it ( i love wheat beers), and i m thinking to do it again using Wheat LME and the yeast wb06. i will brew it in january/february, that its ready for summer ;)

cheers

Well i quite fancied using the Mangrove jack M20 bavarian wheat yeast i suppose it will change it but i hope it will give it that banana and clove flavour. :hat:
That's the great thing about making your own you can experiment til your hearts content!

thanks Monte :thumb:

i m new in this things, i m trying to create a good stock of my own beer :D

and i m enjoying this new world because you can do it the way you like most :party:

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back